1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did anybody read "Purpose driven life" from Warren?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Dec 31, 2006.

1. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

PDL is a great primer for baby Christians. It does have some weaknesses.

But it can be a tremendous evangelism tool and a good initial discipleship tool.

It isn't incredibly deep, but when you consider that the deepest doctrinal statement that most Baptists can make is what style of music they prefer, it can be very useful.

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Honestly I can totally relate to your situation. I have a stack of books most of which I will not be able to get to until the summer (because of grad school). I don't waste my time with most popular books. I do make exceptions once and a while and for certain authors (Charles Stanley, John MacArthur, etc).

3. Allan

Allan Active Member

Do you honestly believe in all your profound knowledge that a person that needs the milk of the word needs to understand Translation accuracy??
    The differing uses of translation are not in there NOT to illistrate that all bibles are translated equally but to help a person who is in need of the milk or a good refresher course on the basics to understand the concepts and truths that God is getting across albeit using the translations that will grasp your attention on THAT aspect even with little knowledge of how something is translated.

#23 Allan, Jan 11, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2007
  4. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

XDX, the great thing about the PDL is that it is writting in a way to be read over 40 days...one short chapter a day. Kind of like a devotional.
    I'm with the others, you should just read it and determine for yourself what you think about it.
    I read it, i liked some of it, didn't like some of it. It could be a help to a new Christian or someone learning about Christianity. I also have no problem suggesting it for a non-Christian because Warren does have an evangelistic side to him.

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Dude!! In one of the answers there is a link to read the first 7 chapters for free. I went and read about 30 pages already and I like it.