1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did anyone see Duke VS WFU last night?

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by mcdirector, Feb 18, 2008.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I was at the game -- fully expected to see Duke beat the stuffing out of young WFU. Thought winning the the first half was a victory!

With 5 minutes to go, I was screaming. I was jumping. Ron kept saying, "we still have 5 minutes and it's Duke."

I kept saying, "enjoy the moment!" He still had a little smirk though - he couldn't help it. It was fun.

We had Duke customers in the box. Poor things - they came in fully expecting what I was expecting. They were so dissappointed and then when the Duke players started to foul out. One-by-one . . .

What's that on the court!?! Ahhhhh! the rush of Wake fans!

Dino, in the aftergame interview, he kept calling the players kids! Well, they are aren't they! All those freshmen and sophmores! And they beat Duke. I do realize this may be it, but man, they looked GOOD last night.

2. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I would have liked to have seen the game, not that I'm a fan of other school. Love to see the underdog win!!!

I quite pulling for WF when Bones Mckinney left.

3. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we bragging, 'lil sis??

4. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Did you watch the game or not?

5. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yup. But, I gotta tell you, I was a rootin' for Duke. My mom was a big fan, and I guess it wore off on me.