1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did becoming a christian make you happier?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Nov 29, 2006.

1. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, here we go.
    "Not that this is necessary but shouldn't life be easier as a christian?"
    "Or shouldn't you be happier?"
    "What do you do if instead you feel worse than before because of sins which you don't overcome for example?"
    "Why do we even have pastors when they are as clueless as the whole rest?"
    "What if I simply cannot become like a mainstream christian?"
    "What if I simply cannot force myself to enjoy church and to enjoy worship?"
    "Does this mean that I'm not supposed to be a christian?"
    "I don't even know how I am. What if what I think I am isn't what I'm supposed to be?"
    "What do I do when being a christian simply doesn't help me?"
    "What if it only makes me more miserable?"
    "What if I decide one day that christianity simply doesn't help me?"
    "What if I simply am not even born again?"
    "When I go to christians for help but only get answers which dont help me at all then what do I do?"
    "I have often asked God for help and nothing changed. What do I do then?"

These are spiritual questions.

And then before getting answers to these questions, you just go start another thread with some kind of off-the-wall question.

In John 5:6, Jesus asked a lame man, "Do you want to be made well?" Not every sick person wants to be well. Not every (spiritually) blind person wants to see. Some are satisfied in their blindness.

XDX, do you really want answers to your question, or are you satisfied with spiritual blindness? Most of those who used to give you council have stopped because you refuse their council. I guess it's time for me too. There are too many who really want help.

#21 SBCPreacher, Nov 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2006
  2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for rebuking, for correcting, for training in righteousness,
    2Ti 3:17 so that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.

:BangHead:

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

The Bible is not the problem. A stubborn heart that refuses the council of the Bible is the problem.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    xdisciplex-

You say that your problem is not spiritual, yet you ask alot of spiritual questions in the original post.

Help me out a little bit and condense your problem (spiritual or otherwise) down to just one statement. I'd like be of some help to your confusion, but I would feel more qualified to address this thread if you could state your problem in just one sentence.

5. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

But your questions are? Do your questions reflect your real problems? If not, what are their source?

6. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you are a believer, then walk away from God for a time. He will draw you back. The problem is that if you are not a believer, you may never become saved if you walk. I went through similar circumstances many years ago and an elder friend told me to do just that. It did not take long to drop in the gutter, figuratively, and hence to re-establish my relationship with Christ.

Our moods are a product of our own making. I decide whether to be in a good mood or a bad mood. A preacher named Bob George says that, and I find it true. If we all could live that way, these so called Christian counselors would be out of work, and none too soon, I say.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Very bad idea. Thou shall not tempt God.
    If you already wanted to re-establish your relationship with God why did you not simply directly do it?

#27 xdisciplex, Dec 1, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2006