1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Christ shed his blood for trees?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Revmitchell, May 21, 2008.

?
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    68.3%
  3. Partially

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. What ar eyou talking about?

13 vote(s)
    31.7%
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No need for apology but yes there is someone who holds to this view. never having heard it espoused I wanted to see if there were any others. It is part of the neo social gospel it appears.

2. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

I don't speak for "liberals." I speak for myself. I'm a Christian. And I don't believe that environmentalism is part of the Gospel. I do believe it's part of the Christian life.

#62 JustChristian, May 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2008
  3. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

The blood of Jesus was shed to atone for sin: He shed his precious blood for our salvation.

I found one verse, which I think I may have stumbled on.... having recalled it out of the context in which it is written Romans 8;22 "For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain togerthe until now."

Jesus saves us through the shedding of his blood.... but creation and all of man's works continue under the curse. Because of our steward ship, we have some duty to honor God by taking care of the gifts and responsibilities which he's placed within our power.....however, God is the one we honor and glorify and not ourselves or those things in this world which we use or enjoy. The great commission is to promote the gospel.....not environmentalism... The former glorifies the Father through the Son....... the latter promotes creation; earth, air, plants and creatures over the one who made us....... it denys the sovereignty of God and His power and our trust in His providencs and promotes worship of 'things'.