1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Christ's death, burial and ressurection secure salvation for anyone?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Dale-c, Mar 28, 2008.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Justice? Come on! No calvinist knows what justice entails else they would cease to be calvinists!

2. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you don't even know how to interpret hate...how can you tell me how to interpret love?

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Okay , that's a start . You have admitted your ignorance .

I'll be off-line for a few days . So you can remain in your blissful state unless someone else decides to spend the time to educate you .

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Refer to my reply to SFIC .

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Trying to pull the speck out of my eye?

Maybe on your sabbatical you can borrow a chain saw...

6. standingfirminChrist

I have not admitted to any ignorance on my part concerning God's matchless love for all mankind. Scripture declares Christ died for our sins, and not ours only but for the sins of the whole world.
    Looks like webdog is right, Rippon. Better gas up the chain saw.

7. standingfirminChrist

8. ituttut

ituttut New Member

submitted for your consideration.

I'll try to answer this one, but failed to gain a reply from you on the previous related thread. Know it is sometimes difficult to keep up with the replies.

To the word anyone Yes!. We know He came for His own people. He said the heathen dog was not included. Why were Moses, David and the others in Abrahams Bosom, and not in the other "hot place" in the heart of the earth where they "thirsted"? Two separate peoples, and one of the people are "of blood", believed their God and did as they were told, with none of them being perfect in all things.

All lived under Grace with works from the beginning of the world. Not so since shortly after Damascus Road. The purpose of God (which was hidden from man) would began to take shape a year after Pentecost for the house of Israel refused to accept Messiah.
    By faith they believed what they were promised. They believed their God as they lived. As they believed so it is. They are now saved forever more.
    The prophesied Messiah "finished" His work, and when His work was finished what would we expect Him to say? God the Word we know as Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God said it is done, and the curtain came down. He will not do it again, for it is finis.

9. skypair

skypair Active Member

How do you live with the contradictions, rippon?? You must have been born with the proverbial "silver spoon" in your mouth -- EVERYTHING was given to you. How are faith and repentance "indispensable" and yet you don't have it when God saves/regenerates you? You are truly NOT "adopted" but an original "heir," aren't you? Gee, I wish I could say the same for myself!

skypair

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Everything given to the elect = no personal responsibility required

Everything witheld from the reprobate = personal responsibility required

What double standards... :rolleyes: