1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did God approve of Paul's Gospel but not Peter's?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by UZThD, Aug 1, 2005.

1. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Old Regular,

you and I are in agreement that the Scripture teaches only one Gospel. I do not dispute what the Bible clearly teaches. Of course Peter spoke the Gospel to the Roman gentiles, after God gave him a clear vision, not before. The Scripture records clearly that the church at Jerusalem had to be convinced that the Gospel was for the gentiles also. They heard that the Lord had saved the gentiles and was working through them and God used Paul to the instrument to bring about their change of thinking. Jesus always fulfilled the will of His father that has nothing to do with anything I stated. And Philip was not sent by the church at Jerusalem nor the Apostles to Gentiles clearly He was lead by the Holy Spirit and shared the Gospel with the Samaritans. That was not the official policy or actions of the leadership of the church of Jerusalem.

You and I are clearly in agreement that there is only one Gospel. Where we seemed to be having difficultly is agreeing on how that one Gospel was revealed to the different groups, Jew and Gentile alike.

Bro Tony

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Tony

Who convonced Paul to take the Gospel to the Gentiles, Saul or God?

3. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Raise Hand! I know this one. :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I have to confess brother I have no idea what you are talking about. What does this have to do with the struggle of the early church to share the Gospel with the gentiles?

Bro Tony

PS...your question really makes no sense.

5. OldRegular

I have to confess brother I have no idea what you are talking about. What does this have to do with the struggle of the early church to share the Gospel with the gentiles?

Bro Tony

PS...your question really makes no sense.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Very simple, why did Paul take the Gospels to the Gentiles, although he always first went to the Jews? Isn't that what the remaining eleven Apostles did, go to the jews first before God dispersed them among the Gentiles?

6. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

This does not change or make incorrect any statement I have made in this thread. And your statement above this still makes no sense "...Saul or God?" What is that about?

Bro Tony

7. OldRegular

This does not change or make incorrect any statement I have made in this thread. And your statement above this still makes no sense "...Saul or God?" What is that about?

Bro Tony
    </font>[/QUOTE]Some people on this Forum write as if the Gospel is the Gospel of Paul, not the Gospel of Jesus Christ, that is, it originated with Paul, not Jesus Christ. I thought perhaps you were one of them, therefore, the sarcasm.

8. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Then you have in the very least not read any of my post on this issue. I have stated over and over again that there is only one Gospel. I sometimes wonder if you are one of those who just likes to argue. You have taken a position clearly that all dispensationalist believe in more than one Gospel and when I have tried to show that is not true, you have just ignored what I said and responded with sarcastic remarks that make no sense what so ever. I would always be glad to talk with anyone who really wants to discuss the issues, but I have neither the time nor inclination to continue with someone who will not read and are so biased in their own views that they quickly label others with their own misunderstandings.

I will say good day to you now and hope that the Lord will bless you with an ear to hear what your brothers are trying to share.

Bro Tony

9. OldRegular

Tony I have read some of your posts and I apologize if you believe I have wronged you. However, some on this Forum claim that the Gospel according to Paul superceded the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

10. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

I know they have brother and I have stated continually that there is only one Gospel, not one for Paul and not one for Peter and not one for Jesus. There is only one and you and I are in agreement.

Blessings,
    Tony

11. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Benjamin, I’m not calling any gospel of God's flawed. You hit the nail on the head when you said the plan was perfectly executed, fooling the Devil. This is what Paul tells us, and how it was done. I Corinthians 2:7-8, ”But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory: 8. Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.” Shouldn’t we give God some credit of ingenuity?

God knew every facet of His enemy, and Satan thought he was smarter and stronger than God. God beat Satan at his own game. God had a “secret” which I just cannot comprehend how any fail to see – Romans 16:25, ”Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began”.
    Paul did preach his gospel of grace given to the Gentiles to the Jews of that day. Two are found in Act 18:2, and there were thousands more. ”And found a certain Jew named Aquila, born in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla; (because that Claudius had commanded all Jews to depart from Rome:) and came unto them.” This couple of Jewish blood became Christians when they believed the gospel of Paul, which gospel is the gospel of Christ Jesus as given from heaven. It is the gospel of the Grace of God for the Gentile that comes Through faith of, and in Christ Jesus. Jews had two choices during the time of the Apostles, after Damascus Road.

All are considered heathen Gentiles today for God is not dealing with His nation that He created for Himself. He has not forgotten them, for He is returning in His wrath for them, and others. Christian faith, ituttut

12. OldRegular

13. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Answering OldRegular
    Originally posted by ituttut:

14. OldRegular

ituttut

There is no such thing as the gospel of Paul. There is only the Gospel of Jesus Christ. If you only know the gospel of Paul, whatever that is, then spend some time on your knees.

Because Mary gave birth to the man Jesus Christ Roman Catholics and Eastern Orthodox give her the false title of Mother of God, which is clearly heretical. Calling the Gospel of Jesus Christ the Gospel of Paul or differentiating between that Gospel Jesus Christ taught while on earth from the Gospel revealed to Paul is just as repugnant as calling Mary the Mother of God.

Put in plain words the doctrine of hyper dispensationalism is as near to heresy and blasphemy as one could get. Your veneration of Paul borders on the Roman Catholic doctrine of the veneration of Mary.

15. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Jesus Christ gave me an Apostle, and everybody else on this earth today. You must make up your mind of whom you believe.

Do you believe as the Catholic of “repenting and water salvation for the remission of your sins”, or as the Baptist church of “believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ for your salvation Are you then be baptized into a church for fellowship with that church with people believing they were saved by the “Grace of God Through Faith?

Or do you come repenting of sins that have already been forgiven, and then summit yourself to the church for baptism for your salvation, having the church save you? Christian faith, ituttut

16. OldRegular

Ituttut

You cannot respond without spin, spin, spin!

17. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Can you give an answer? Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved -------- OR ======== repent and be baptized for the remission of your sins? Christian faith, ituttut

18. OldRegular

ituttut

I believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ, not the false hyperdispensational gospel.

If you don't believe in the Gospel of Jesus Christ you have no right to close your posts as you do.

19. ituttut

ituttut New Member

I also believe the gospel of Jesus Christ that He gave to me. I am hyper for my Lord Jesus Christ.

I close my posts as I do for I do believe the Gospel of Jesus Christ. As always, ituttut with Christian faith.