1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did God create evil?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Trust in the Lord, Apr 27, 2003.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    What a wonderful thought that God IS EVIL and when we see EVIL it is God who is "manifesting His own EVIL thoughts" - the source of all EVIL??

What doctrine, what mythology, what ramblings of the traditions of man are needed to conjure God as Evil and Satan?

Is it not those who fail to allow God's Word to be true and believed and trusted?

"Every GOOD and perfect Gift comes from the Father" -- "God CAN NOT TEMPT anyone and God CAN NOT be tempted to do evil". That is the teaching of God's Word in the book of James.

And yet - we have the mythology that some people's god IS HIMSELF the source of all evil.

Well - in 2Cor 10 we learn that the "god of this world" is in fact - evil. Satan.

But God did not CREATE "Satan" - Lucifer CHOSE to BECOME Satan. Lucifer CHOSE to BE evil where there was NONE.

In Christ,

Bob

2. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More obvious fallacies for your consideration -

Knowing that your child will fall is not CREATING their pain - the child has free will.

KNOWING that Korea will produce a nuclear weapon is not the same as CREATING IT FOR THEM.

God's KNOWING that Ford would make a car is NOT to have GOD created a "lemon".

As much as "man" would love to "blame god for all his mistakes" it can't be done.

As much as Satan would love to "blame god for all his evil" - it can't be done.

The futile speculation that IF God knows something HE MUST HAVE CREATED it - (thus making God the greatest monster of all time) - is simply the feeble, unfruitful, less-than-compelling ramblings of a theology that is easily blown about by every wind of doctrine.

Trust God instead.

In Christ,

Bob

3. Me2

Me2 New Member

God being the monster of all time...

creating a world where as upon HIS command it would collapse on itself killing perhaps billions.

Come on bob

God created Evil. God Created Satan.
    Satan Has to Get his activities approved of from God. Every action

these are adult concepts, Bob. No mere child would assume God is Actually reponsible for everything.

So If its evil. God gives them a final culpret.
    Even if God did it.. Satan made you do it...

oops, forgot about that flooding problem...oh well satan did that too. he must have influenced all those bad people. so that God had to destroy an entire planet.

or was that a lesson plan to tell the world who is really in charge...well, what was left of it.

look at us now, bob..silly people running around here and there saying Gods coming Back to Destroy the world AGAIN.

being said by HIS OWN PEOPLE.

and your saying God didnt "plan" this to occur?

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is incapable of sin/evil and therefore cannot be the creator of it.

James 1
    13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
    14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
    15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
    16 Do not err, my beloved brethren.
    17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

God "knows" evil in a passive way. If you come home from work and your house has been broken into and you have been robbed, you know evil in a very real howbeit passive way though you yourself did not commit the evil.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Isaiah 45:7 "evil" here is in the sense of the comparison of "peace" and "light" taken in the context of the passage, as darkness is the absence of light in this passage "evil" is the absence of "peace" in this context.

The disobedient children of God will reap calamity from that which they have sown in the form of chastisment from the Father's hand.
    There will be no "peace" until the matter is resolved.

It is not "evil" in the sense of a sin for God to punish His children by visiting them with calamity and adversity ("evil" circumstance) in order to modify their behavior. This is His will and method to accomplish sanctification in our lives.

Jesus is our role model who though He did no sin suffered in the days of His flesh on our behalf. How much more we as sinful mortals should patiently endure His chastisement and not bring a charge against Him of doing "evil" to us (a hard lesson to be sure) for that which He does out of love.

Hebrews 12
    5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:
    6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
    7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

Revelation 3:
    19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Also, as our Creator He has the right to do with us as He pleases.

Psalm 115:3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

HankD

5. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Wrong again.

God created Lucifer NOT Satan.

God says that when Satan lies "HE speaks of HIS OWN for the lie is OF HIMSELF" - he has only HIMSELF to call "The author" of his lie.

Satan does not go to God and as permission "May I please have this little girl raped and murdered" and then have God say "Why of course you may - in fact I insist".

No such "agreements" are worked out between God and Satan.

Read Luke 7 carefully - God declares "They REJECTED God's PURPOSE for them". He shows the example "We sang a song and you would not dance, we played a derge and you would not weep".

Paul states in Romans 11:14 that he was hoping to "MOVE some of them" to come to Christ by seeing Gentiles converted.

Christ said in Matt 23 "OH HOW I WANTED to save your children -- but YOU would not".

The Bible is clear - God weeps over the lost - He does not "command them to do evil".

Those who would make God "Who CAN not be tempted" the author of evil - do not understand the teaching of scripture on this point.

In Christ,

Bob