1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did God know

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Scofield, Mar 22, 2004.

1. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me2 said:

way out !! Scriptures, please ?

2. Me2

Me2 New Member

Pinoybaptist,

Care to be more specific.

Is or isnt the universe 6000 years old?
    was the earth made in a day? sun and moon?
    was all plant and animal life made in a mature like kind bearing form?
    fruit trees with fruit?
    was Adam made as a baby or as a mature man?

God creates in spirit form first.
    as we are spirit creatures. yet we experience our evolution from substance of this physical realm.

God creates completely and then expresses to man what he has done.

Isa 46:9 Remember the former things of old: for I [am] God, and [there is] none else; [I am] God, and [there is] none like me,
    Isa 46:10 Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times [the things] that are not [yet] done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all my pleasure:

God creates in absolute eternal time. and has placed man in his beginning state of origin (finite time) "as if" he had a beginning in this flesh world.

This flesh world is not Gods origin of man. It is mans training ground of Gods knowledge of good and evil. it contains the needed ingredients to bring man to his state of knowing self as an individual.

as far as God sees man. man is complete in absolute time. as if man has successfully completed his training and reconstruction and is all in all with God himself.

Jesus coronated Lord? ever read revelations?

Rev 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Rev 5:9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    Rev 5:10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.

slain before the foundation of the world.
    slain, resurrected, and glorified.

and mankind is personally witnessing to this glorification. from the beginning of our existence to its fulfillmant. this is speaking of the overcomers. the sons of God.

and now we get to jesus violating the physics of this physical realm? or simply manipulating its molecular construction?

feeding thousands by multiplying fish/bread?
    walking on water?
    raising the dead?
    healing various human infirmities?
    levitating in midair?
    walking through locked closed doors?
    reading minds?
    commanding wind/waves?

shall I identify where you might find these Scriptures?

anyway. Jesus is the first of the firstfruit "son of God". those called with the evidence of the indwelling spirit of Christ within them today are to parallel his capabilities.

so when you hear of mere mortals doing these things.. the age of ruling and reigning of the sons of God has begun.

this is what Jesus kept referencing "we will be like him". and "greater things will we do".
    Yet we must not forget. We will be simply allowing him to live through us doing what he does best.
    we're just witnessing as to who he is.

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater [works] than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
    Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Me2

3. BrotherJoe

BrotherJoe New Member

BrotherBBNEWTON

YOU:Debating universalism is a futile point. Your main problem is the philosophical baggage you try to bring into Christianity. "Savior of All men.."
    ny less is shameful to speak of by a so-called son of an all merciful, all forgiving father."
    Nowhere in the Bible does it say that men deserve a Saviour at all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ME: I agree. Further, when one says that God OWES every human being mercy, he forgets that mercy by its very definition is that WHICH IS NOT OWED and therefore contradicts the very meaning of what mercy is. Well said brother bb.

Saved by grace,

Brother Joe

4. BBNewton

BBNewton New Member

You are right on, Brother Joe. Here is a very relevant quote from J.C. Ryle:

"The plain truth is that a right knowledge of sin lies at the root of all saving Christianity. Without it such doctrines as justification, conversion, sanctification, are 'words and names' which convey no meaning to the mind. The first thing, therefore, that God does when He makes anyone a new creature in Christ, is to send light into his heart and show him that he is a guilty sinner. The material creation in Genesis began with 'light', and so also does the spiritual creation. God 'shines into our hearts' by the work of the Holy Ghost and then spiritual life begins (2 Cor. 4:6). Dim or indistinct views of sin are the origin of most of the errors, heresies and false doctrines of the present day. If a man does not realize the dangerous nature of his soul's disease, you cannot wonder if he is content with false or imperfect remedies. 1 believe that one of the chief wants of the church in the nineteenth century has been, and is, clearer, fuller teaching about sin."
    --from Holiness

5. superdave

superdave New Member

God's foreknowlege is always referred to not what he knew, but who he knew. Those who God knew intimately would come to him, and would in no wise be cast out.

The scripture clearly teaches that God knew who would be his disciples, and he predestined them to be sanctified.

You cannot separate the scriptures on salvation from the actual character and attributes of God. God cannot act in a way that contradicts his nature. He cannot set aside his omniscience any more than I can choose to not be human. It is part of his nature. You get back to the old question "can God make a rock he cannot lift" God cannot do anything that is inconsistent with who he is. Thus, he cannot not know before the foundations of the world that Adam would fall, and who would accept his gift. It is unavoidable both scripturally, and as a logical extension of the attributes of God.

6. HisMercy

HisMercy New Member

"The LOR hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil." (Prov. 16:4)

Yes, God knew Adam and Eve would sin. That is why God himself manifest in flesh to fulfill his plan of salvation.