1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did I write in gentleness and respect?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Sep 27, 2014.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Better idea. However I fear not many visit that form.

2. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That may be my next assignment as I have already sent out 10 letters to 10 different churches. I may pick another to sit down and chat. I had a Universalist Church in mind. Or perhaps I might just follow up on the 10 different churches whom I sent letters.

3. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Its a big step in humility than the way that Jesus addressed the false teachers, and also some of the language used in the NT to describe them.

Sometimes I will use that approach and I have with a few churches whom I sent letters, It just depends on the degree of false teacher and church.

For example I would address a Quantum Faith church differently than a American Baptist church because as best I can tell Quantum holds to the essentials.

4. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sending any letters to any Andy Stanley clone church in the Denver area because as best I can tell they hold to the essentials of the faith, so I would be divisive and in error for doing so.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would question the wisdom of this. At times, you seem easily influenced by others' doctrines. Just be VERY careful.

This is not "unkindness", but a brotherly warning based on Christian concern.

6. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks but thats really your opinion. I care enough about the lost to reach out to them.

7. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree on that Jesus spoke strong condemnation against false teachers. However, it is worth noting that He didn't set out on a mission to confront them and correct them. He confronted them when they tried to interrupt His daily dealings with the people.

And He didn't try to reason with the unreasonable. He proclaimed truth, and His reasoning was with people who had a genuine interest in the truth.

Look at the woman at the well and Nicodemus, who He spent time convincing. Yet He spoke parables to Jews who were hard hearted.

There's a time and place for everything, and a proper approach toward people. Paul also spent time reasoning with people who were interested. And those who weren't....well, he shook the dust off his feet and went on

8. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Read Acts 17. Paul did not only reason with people that wanted to hear his message as you claim. Also why were the apostles murdered and why so many maurters for the gospel over the years? What you say is a great way to avoid persecution but not the bible way.

Read the Jesus you Can't ignore by Mac. It's a commentary on Jesus in this area.

#28 evangelist6589, Sep 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2014
  9. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It seems that you seek validation thru being persecuted. Jehovah's Witnesses make this errant connection, too. If the message alone doesn't bring persecution your house way, then your message isn't truth

10. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

11. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What you say is not biblical nor did I ever say I would be persecuted.

12. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Huh?!?

Paul said, and it is the truth, that the cross is an offence. That means - simply put - that if you preach the cross, people will become offended. Jesus also said we would be hated for His Name.

There is absolutely ZERO admonition to go looking for an opportunity to correct, condemn, or coerce people into a theological position that's false from the word "go"

So what if they leave their falsehood, and fall into the ditch of Lordship Salvation? What's been accomplished? They leave one error for another, and end up no better off?

That's great.

Or you could go out in the streets and preach the cross. Stop it with your self righteous works-based message that you mask with theological words like "repentance and sin"

That's nothing but a millstone around the neck of any who fall prey to it.

Preach Christ and HIM crucified. Mac and Washer did not die for the church. Trust CHRIST, the spotless Lamb of God.

And after you've preached Christ, and not some sinfully contrived "response" doctrine that pushes Christ aside for fleshly works, then trust GOD ALONE to work in the hearts of men.

Get down off your pedestal of self-appointed fruit inspector and preach Christ.

13. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're the one opening that door. How about doing something, without announcing to the world what you're doing. How about doing something worth doing.

14. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

:thumbsup: Watch his videos on youtube, extraordinary...

15. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    #35 corndogggy, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  16. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist