1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jay Rockefeller betray the USA?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by church mouse guy, Nov 16, 2005.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This isn't about me, Jonathan. This is about what the document says or doesn't say and an attempt to take a phrase out of context and distort the use of it in the document.

2. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

JGrubbs quote:
    Correct, both Pearl Harbor and 9-11 were engineered by our own government to justify war.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

I recall nothing during the previous less than 8 months of the Bush administration prior to 9/11/2001 that indicated it was planning to invade Iraq. </font>[/QUOTE]Bush planned Iraq 'regime change' before becoming President - LINK
    <a href="http://www.gnn.tv/articles/article.php?id=761" target="_blank">
    Bush Wanted To Invade Iraq If Elected in 2000 - LINK</a>

It looks like it's not just the third parties who were talking about this before 9/11, but even George W. Bush himself was talking about invading Iraq in 1999.

You use to believe and say these same things, it's amazing how blind party loyalty can cause one to forget so quickly. :(

4. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Correct, both Pearl Harbor and 9-11 were engineered by our own government to justify war. </font>[/QUOTE]I disagree, if you read my post above you will see that I stated, "I am not one of the conspiracy theorist who believe the Bush administration was behind 9/11 or even knew about it ahead of time, I just believe they knew that they couldn't pass up the chance to use 9/11 to justify their invasion of Iraq and to start the process of putting a permenant military presence in Iraq."

5. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonathan, I must give you credit for not being out in la la land like pnut is. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jonathan,

Your first link is about the PNAC document that we both know that we have different understandings of and on which we apparently have an irreconcilable difference on due to your distortion of the use of the term "Pearl Harbor" within it.

Your second link is apparently some disgruntled writer who was dumped by Bush. I would not trust his statements without independent verification.

7. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

The reason I believe like I do about PNAC and this ghost writer is first because PNAC was started and ran by those who became the Bush administration, and the ideas of PNAC were quickly put into place by that same administration. Second because that same administration was so quick to use 9/11 to invade Iraq, they seemed more concerned with Iraq than with the actual terrorist who attacked us. It all is part of the neo-con plan for America and the World.

The neo-cons believe that using our military to police the world is a good thing, they believe that nation building experiments in democracy are a good thing, they believe spending federal tax dollars around the world are a good thing and they believe that erasing our borders through NAFTA, CAFTA and FTAA is a good thing. These are issues that I believe are dangerous to our Constitutional Republic and I can not support regardless of which party it is that is promoting them!

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are welcome to your views on the neocons, Jonathan. I just think you and others on your part of the poltical spectrum are overstating your case in trying to make the neocons out to be giant bugbears.

Gotta go to bed now. Have a nice evening. [​IMG]

9. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Hardly - he's an old friend of the family who was subsequently tapped by the family to author a book on Grandpa Bush.

That's always a wise thing to do, but....