1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus drink Alchol?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Su Wei, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Bible Student

Bible Student New Member

[​IMG] Hi all, I have been gone awhile.

This was stated on the first page of this post,

"As has been explained to you by me and others, the reason I don't quote scriture concerning music is because the Bible is silent about it and I refuse to use prooftexts to make a case."

I disagree, the Bible speaks about music through out the Bible.

I know this is off topic but I just wanted to go on record that the Bible does speak about music.

[​IMG] Richard

[ March 15, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: Bible Student ]

2. Bible Student

Bible Student New Member

Ben, you stated "to call Him a priest is incorrect.

Ben W
    But what about Hebrews 7:23-28?

Verse 26 says "For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separated from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;"

Jesus was the high priest!

Richard [​IMG]

3. JonathanDT

JonathanDT New Member

Funny you should mention it...

Matthew 11
    18 For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil.
    19 The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE]Hi Hank, I like your posts, especially your first one, always nice to add another angle.
    I already mentioned Luke 7:33-34, but the abolitionists (for lack of a better word) somehow blew it off. Basically, it really doesn't matter what the Bible says, since it doesn't directly say "Christ drank alcoholic wine" (though it does say basically that in the original Greek, but the Greek doesn't matter, only what's in the KJV) they're going to believe exactly what they always have, it's been ingrained in their thinking.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Jonathan,

HankD

5. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

But what about Hebrews 7:23-28?

Verse 26 says "For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separated from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;"

Jesus was the high priest!

Richard [​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Richard, Would you then say that He being the High Priest He had to be always pure and undefiled to come before the Father? Or was He as the OT high priests that were only in this state of purity when they were "on duty", so to say.

6. TheOliveBranch

TheOliveBranch New Member

Jonathan,

Do you see the difference between an actual incident and an accusation? I can see some of the Christians on this board that see no problem going into a bar and sipping on one and having sinners saying, see. What a hypocrite, he has no problem getting drunk with the drunkards. Is the accusation true or false?

7. Mike McK

Mike McK New Member

That was referring to specific styles of music. The Bible does address music, but not specific styles.

8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 5
    8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;
    9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;
    10 Called of God an high priest after the order of Melchisedec.
    11 Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

Genesis 14
    18 And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine:
    and he was the priest of the most high God.

9. Timmy

Timmy New Member

AMEN! Sis Suwei! [​IMG]

10. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Well, after six pages, I think this horse has been adequately beaten.