1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Jesus drink alcohol?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Wittenberger, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Did Nazarenes drink back then?

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

So then, do you believe it now that Lutherans believe there is real blood in the wine and real flesh in the bread? It says it right there what you posted from that site.

3. IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN)

IANMO(IAMNTMYOWN) New Member

I believe you are thinking of the Nazarite which was the vow that Samson was placed under. Many people confuse Christ with this. However, the description Nazarene refers to Christ's hometown of Nazareth.

4. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

There is a difference between being from a geographical region and being someone who has made the vow as a Nazirite found in Numbers 6.

5. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

Yes, I believe it, but what I was trying to explain is this: there is a difference between Christ's earthly body which could get sick, was hungry, etc. vs. Christ's heavenly body which was able to walk through the walls of a locked room to appear to the disciples.

We believe that when we partake of the Lord's Supper, it IS flesh and blood, but not the kind of flesh and blood that you and I have. It is supernatural.

6. Moriah

Moriah New Member

What makes you think Jesus has flesh and blood in heaven?
    What makes you think the Lutherans believe it is not real human flesh and blood?

7. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

When Christ was on earth he had a mortal body like you and me. His body got sick, tired, thirsty, injured, older, etc. This body no longer exists.

His resurrected, heavenly body does not get sick, age, etc. This is the body that is seated at the right hand of the Father, and in the belief of Lutherans and others, is not only at the right hand of the Father, it is omnipresent, and it is present in the Lord's Supper.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Lutheran’s believe that there is Jesus’ real blood in the wine, and real flesh in the bread.

Why would you think they believe it to be a different blood and flesh than the blood and flesh of Jesus Christ shed on the cross?

9. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

Because his earthly body no longer exists!!!

I think we have exhausted this topic.

10. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Show me from the scriptures that Jesus still has blood and flesh in heaven. I would like to study those scriptures.

As for you saying it is supernatural blood and flesh that the Lutherans eat and drink from the bread and wafer, how do you think this betters your false beliefs from the Catholics?

We drink Jesus' blood by believing in him, and we eat his flesh when we obey him. His words are food, he is the bread from heaven, when we obey his words we are eating him.

11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This could make an interesting rabbit trail :smilewinkgrin:

Jesus' body could certainly thirst and tire, even be injured. But could He get sick having a sinless body? Or could He have been able to die of old age? Is not imputed sin the reason we get sick at times and eventually die?

12. Wittenberger

Wittenberger New Member

Too deep for me, brother. Ask the theologians on this site.

13. Moriah

Moriah New Member

We know from the scriptures Jesus ate, drank, wept, and laid down. As for being injured and all other things, see these scriptures.

Matthew 4:5 "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down. For it is written: "'He will command his angels concerning you, and they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"

Psalm 91:11 For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways;

Hebrews 5:7 During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.

Hebrews 2:10 In bringing many sons to glory, it was fitting that God, for whom and through whom everything exists, should make the author of their salvation perfect through suffering.

Hebrews 5:8 Although he was a son, he learned obedience from what he suffered

#53 Moriah, Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2012
  14. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I don't believe these scriptures cover "all other things"

15. Moriah

Moriah New Member

The scripture says “in all your ways.”
    Go ahead and give your explanation, do not just say you do not agree.

16. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You lost me brother. We were talking about whether or not Jesus could have grown old and died if he wasn't ever murdered.

17. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You were talking about if Jesus could eat and get injured, etc! We know he grew older! We know he could die!

#57 Moriah, Aug 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 4, 2012
  18. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes, he could die from being killed, but could he grow old and die from the same "natural" causes that any other person born from Adam does?

19. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I would say yes, He could have. He would have done so if that was the Fathers will. In Hebrews we read how He is our Great High Priest and one key reason is because He can empathize with our weaknesses.

20. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    wouldn't that then mean that Jesus had the same curse in His flesh as Adam? For the reason Adam physically died of old age was sin, correct? Otherwise, Adam would have never died.