1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus have the same body after the resurrection?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by xdisciplex, Mar 3, 2007.

1. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

Or was it a more enhanced version of his body which we will also get after the resurrection of the dead? After all he could walk through walls and simply disappear. This means that his body wasn't a normal body anymore, right?

When I thought about this a question came to my mind. Jesus is now in a human body, for all times, right? He keeps this look which he had after the resurrection.
    But what about the scene where John is on the island and sees the glorified Jesus and he suddenly has white hair and red eyes and he's also much bigger than before?
    Does this not indicate that Jesus isn't really bound to this body and this appearance and that he can still "morph" and appear in different looks and shapes?

2. His Blood Spoke My Name

Jesus has the same body He had on this earth, only it has been glorified.

3. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

That's also my opinion. :)

But on the other hand, let's say Jesus had been resurrected with a different body then where would be the problem with this? I mean God can do whatever he wants to do, right? It wouldn't be a problem if we got totally new bodies. But some christians make it look as if this would be a real problem. The only problem I see here is that the gnostics denied the bodily resurrection and because of this you have to stress this point. But if Jesus had gotten a different body then it wouldn't have been a problem, at least I see no problem here since God can do whatever he wants.

4. billwald

billwald New Member

Same external appearance. the term "glorified" is meaningless because no one knows what it means.

5. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yes he does have a body - John sees it in John 1 - but the scars in his hands remain per his choice. However I think that body that was seen after the resurrection in the Gospels was "modified" for human viewing just as Abraham sees God and two angels that appear as men in Genesis.

In Christ,

Bob

6. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

What HBSMN said.

7. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

I just wonder if Jesus is actually bound to this body unable to change his appearance. The Father is spirit, right? But Jesus isn't spirit anymore. Another interesting question would be what kind of look,shape or form Jesus had before he came down to earth: Did Jesus always look the way he looks now? I mean I cannot imagine that Jesus went down there not knowing how he would look as a human. Or do you think that Jesus went down there and had no clue how his body, which he'll have to all eternity will look in the end?

8. DQuixote

DQuixote New Member

As it says in the bible, God is all-knowing. He knows the beginning from the end. Nothing is outside of his awareness. Read John 1:1ff, Hebrews 1:1ff, 1 John 1:1ff, realizing that the One mentioned there is the same as the One in Genesis 1:1ff.

9. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I have a somewhat anecdotal and humerous, but true, story about Jesus' body.

When I was actively driving a cab in Lexington KY, there was a local 'looney-tuner' and regular rider whose name was Louis Page, who was deluded to the degree that he would get off on these tangents and sometimes think and claim he was Jesus. (In fact, the dispatchers and drivers nicknamed him 'Jesus' for his habit of being on the streets, 'preaching' at nothing or no one, in particular, whether or not anyone was around.) Ususally I would merely go along with his antics, but one night he got further off than usual and as were to the end of his ride, as he paid for the ride, he asked me, "Do you know who I really am?"

I responded with, "Sure! You're Louis Page! You ride with me all the time."

He said, "I'm Jesus!"

As I was already tired, with only a couple of hours to go before my shift was over, and we were busy, I was in no mood to put up with his antics, that evening.

So I said, "Naw! Naw!, Louis! I know Him and you ain't Him!"

He came back with, "Well, have you ever actually seen Him?"

I said, "No, not actually physically."

He said, "Then how can you be so sure I'm not Him?"

I said, "Because you ain't got no nail prints in your hands, that's why!"

And he jumped out of the cab faster than he ever got in one in his life.

Ed

#9 EdSutton, Mar 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2007