Did Jesus Have the Same nature as Adam. Or All of Us then?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Feb 9, 2018.

1. JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What do you mean by humanity? And what Bible verse are you referencing which mentions humanity in the way you would define it?

2. SheepWhisperer Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was/is God. His body was simply a human body; the body/DNA of a Jewish man. He had no other "nature" than the nature of God.

3. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps not those exact words, but the principle is that the innate nature of a person is sinful. And that one is born with that sinful nature.

Romans 5
    12Therefore, just as sin came into the world through one man, and death through sin, and so death spread to all mene because all sinned13for sin indeed was in the world before the law was given, but sin is not counted where there is no law. 14Yet death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over those whose sinning was not like the transgression of Adam, who was a type of the one who was to come.​

Every person is born with passions and desires. Those passions and desires are that considered “of the flesh”. Because every person is born, as is all humankind having chromosomes “of the flesh,” the result being that the very nature of a person is born in sin. No person is born without passion and fleshly desires and therefore are by nature of the flesh, sinners.

Galatians 5:
    16But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh.17For the desires of the flesh are against the Spirit, and the desires of the Spirit are against the flesh, for these are opposed to each other, to keep you from doing the things you want to do. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law. 19Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, 20idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, 21envy,d drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who doe such things will not inherit the kingdom of God. 22But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law. 24And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

So the principle of Scriptures is that every person of the first Adam is born in sin and because they are born of the flesh have a nature of the flesh - a sin nature.

The doctrine, that you claim is a lie in your post, is actually fundamental to the presentation of Scripture.

4. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us. Then Joseph being raised from sleep did as the angel of the Lord had bidden him, and took unto him his wife: And knew her not till she had brought forth her firstborn son: and he called his name JESUS Matt 1:23-25

Did eating of the fruit of the tree of death adulterate, virginity?

What was the purpose of the first virgin? an help meet / עֵזֶר / LXX βοηθὸς
    Hebrews 13:6 So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, (βοηθός) and I will not fear what man shall do unto me.

Did Adam knowing Eve, usurp God?

Is that why all men are conceived in sin and shaped in iniquity? Other than Christ?

Now the birth of Jesus Christ was as follows: After His mother Mary was betrothed to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy Spirit.

Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; and in sin did my mother conceive me. Ps 51:5

BTW I am asking questions and trying to understand scriptures like Ps 51:5. I am not putting anything in stone.

I post this for discussion.

Jesus with the nature of Abraham / Adam yet without sin?

5. percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To me it means how one was created, that is subject to death and corruption of the flesh, for the purpose of God.

That purpose being stated in 1 John 3:8 and Hebrews 2:14.

Adam was created in his created nature for the purpose of the Son of God being manifested in that nature, for the purpose of destroying the works of the devil, which preceded and continued forward, from the creation of the man.

BTW that required the man and the woman taken from that man for the manifestation of the Son of God born of woman.

6. Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1) Was Jesus conceived as a sinner? No
    2) Was Jesus conceived as someone separated from God because he/she was made a sinner? No
    3) Did Jesus have a human spirit, formed within him? No, He is God incarnate.
    4) Was Jesus 100% human? Yes
    5) Was Jesus 100% God? Yes

7. loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sin is not inherited at all. We know this from

Eze 18:20

The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of therighteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of thewicked shall be upon him

8. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

This is wrong thinking.

No one is born righteous.

Ezekiel is addressing the matter of payment for sin, not in what condition one is born.

The sin of my father is not held against me is what Ezekiel is contending.

But neither is my father's righteousness held in trust for me.

I bear "the iniquity" of my own, and the righteousness of Christ given to me is not based upon race, creed, heritage, blood type, language, health, wealth, social standing, ... It is a gift given specifically to me, irregardless of any predilection of precondition.

One is born infused in the will of the flesh, therefore they are born in Sin. Such as ALL are born in Sin.

It is the nature in which one is born.

I don't sin because of my father, but because that is the nature of who I am as a human.

This is why when one is "born from above" they are a NEW creature. They have a new will, a new body waiting for them, and all things pass away from the old.

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was Human, also was very God, and in His Humanity was found a uniqueness that NONE of all other Mankind evr had, as he was sinless in nature and Person Period.
    Do you think Jesus could have fallen as Adam did, or do you think that He resisted sinning ever just do to Him relying upon the Spirit, or also due to Him being very God?
    ALL humanity was cursed and fallen since time of thje fall, so what exactly was jesus humanity if exactly same as ours then?

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The eternal aspect of humans, that what makes us what we are, the aspect that felowships with God
    God cursed all of humanity in the fall to experience spiritual and physical death!

11. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Only to those who refuse the truth of scripture is it false!

12. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus took upon himself our flesh and blood human body, but his nature was and is sinless in nature, NO ONE else in History can claim that, correct?

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there was/is nothing to original Sin, than Paul contrasting the First and Second Adam argument goes straight down the tubes...

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus came down to us from above, for only Someone who was God and a sinless Human could be the Messiah, and why have the Virgin Birth of Original Sin does not exist?

15. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, Jesus was human. But a Jesus who did not share the nature that we have could not have been a Jesus who saved us. Paul's point is that Jesus shared in our humanity, sympathized with our weaknesses.

It does not matter whether or not Jesus could have sinned (that's a philosophical question Scripture does not discuss). The point is that Jesus did not sin. Jesus was tempted by Satan to satisfy his physical hunger (a desire of the flesh) when he was fasting, yet overcame that temptation. Jesus prayed not his will, that the cup should pass, but the will of the Father that he would suffer it for our sake.

Be careful not to let philosophy lead you from what Scripture doesn't teach. It is better to have holes in your theories than fillers in the pillars of your faith. "Painter's caulk" theology may look good, but it will simply not hold up.

16. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We sin, not our natures. I've addressed this in the last post.

17. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam and Eve both "knew" somehow that their relationship with God was dead, so they needed to have God provide for them an offering/sacrifice to retore it back, and why would it not be a spiritual death that happened to them? They were not natural people, no internal capacity to enjoy and commune with God...

18. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was born of the Virgin Birth method in order to maintain sinless nature on His humanity, or else he would have been seen as part of fallen humanity, and he resisted sinning due to Him being God...
    He actually experienced sin FAR greater way than us, for how can sinners always in darkness understand how One whose very nature cannot abide any darkness now finds Himself surrounded by it on all sides?

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We sin because/due to our natures!

20. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    But this is not what Paul teaches. It is not what the author of Hebrews teaches. It is not what Jesus taught. It isn't what Peter taught. Where exactly are you getting this sin passed through physical genetics stuff anyway?