Did Jesus Have the Same nature as Adam. Or All of Us then?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Yeshua1, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He experienced those, and yet still had no sinful nature, correct?

2. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There will always be this infinite difference between Hima nd any other human. He was/is God.....

3. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are wrong. Jesus was placed under the curse when He became a part of Creation. This is implied in the term "incarnation" as the Word became "flesh", and specifically stated more than once in Scripture.

4. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you saying than that Jesus Himself was born with same exact nature you and I were born with?

5. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    He had no sin. You seem caught up in this "nature" you would use as our excuse (we couldn't help it because that's just what we do type of thinking). But Scripture tells us that Jesus was made one of us (not kind of like one of us, not looked like one of us, but was made in the likeness of man....of sinful flesh....of corruptible flesh) yet without sin.

6. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ALL of us were corrupted and warped and flawed by the Fall in our humanity, was jesus?

7. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. That is exactly what I am saying. Jesus was not only God but He was a human as you and I. Yet without sin. (He had our nature and the desires of the flesh, but He remained obedient to the Father where we do not).

8. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not sure of your context. Please give me a passage reference.

9. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we are all born without original Sin, all born right with God? Not sinners by birth?

10. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 15:22

11. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Original sin is not a genetic disorder. I think that Paul was correct, that through Adam sin entered the world (original sin) and through sin death, and death spread to all man for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. Jesus did not sin, yet He set aside His own glory - not counting equality with God a thing to be grasped He humbled Himself by becoming obedient even to death.

We are human by birth, born under a curse, born "in Adam", born with desires of the flesh that are not always "in tuned" with God's will (e.g., when Christ prayed "not My will but Thine be done"). But "sin" does not occur until act on our desires above God's will (e.g., sin happens when we are carried away by our own desires).

12. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How do you align humility and obedience in that verse?

For example: do you see humility as taking on the humanity and obedience as a learning process?

13. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Jesus lay aside any of His Deity? And what you described is the very sin nature father Adam "earned" for us all, save for Christ!

14. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To be under the curse would have been Him being seen by the Father as same spiritual state as rest of humanity....

15. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not see it as a learning process but rather as Christ becoming the Perfector of our faith (e.g., Christ being "made perfect" through suffering). I see this humanity and obedience as speaking of the Incarnation to the Cross, and God justifying/vindicating Him in the Resurrection.

16. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, it wouldn't. It would be Jesus actually becoming a curse for us, coming in the likeness of sinful flesh.

17. agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Might it be that the eternity past estate of the Lord, no longer enjoyed as He humbled Himself is expressed in human terms as “learning” obedience when the “obedience” was a actually matter of submissive compliance.

What I am getting at is that the experience of the humiliation was not just taking on the human form but also the need to experientially function in that form as an example to believers to also be humble and experience submission. Something that the typically rebellious heart does not do very well if at all.

Is not this part of Hebrews 5?

The word “obedience” is also the word “compliance.”

When Christ went through the crucifixion he was compliant to the will of the Father. The focus is on a lack of rebellion. The exact opposite of the first Adam’s attitude.

18. JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, we all die in Adam and we will be made alive in Christ. But Paul is referencing a physical death (which Christ shared) with the resurrection of our bodies (physical). Read 1 Cor. 15, not just a verse.

19. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So Jesus had a sin nature then?

20. Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    His flesh/body was created by God for Him though, and the Virgin Birth made sure that it was kept pure and untainted form the fall!
    He had the same type of body Adam was created in before he fell, not the same as we have, as our s carry around infirmity/sickness/disease, death from sin etc. but not His!