1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus Replace Gde?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by th1bill, Aug 1, 2012.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did Jesus Replace God?

Stupid question? Only if we lack the ability to reason a logical end. There are ?Christian? Movements today led by some well known and some not so well known teachers that have, in the near past called down fire and brimstone rain to exterminate the homosexual from our presence. Then we have, in recent history, teachers making poison kool-aid, and all sort of heresy being taught because we have lost our first love!

There is an uncanny movement with two, prominent, fingers. This movement ignores the words of Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount where we find a paragraph telling us that the Law and the words of the Prophets will not pass away until heaven and earth do. (Matt. 5:17-20) The two fingers are the New Testament Christian and the newer, New Covenant Christian. Both of these are misnomers at the very best because without the Bible Jesus taught from there can be no Christianity.

When I went into the Army I went through Basic Training where they laid a foundation to build a soldier on. When I owned my construction company we had to put a classic foundation down before we could begin to build the kitchen, bed-room or bath room. When I worked for Western Electric we placed the foundations on the floor before we could build the racks, bays and supports to hold the switch bays to operate the phones and switch-board. Nothing can stand without a foundation and the foundation of Christianity is the Bible Jesus and the first and second century saints taught from.

This is not a sermon, it's a conversation starter.