1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus Suffer in Hell? Part 1

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Herb Evans, Dec 6, 2006.

1. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

You did not answer my question. Did David suffer hell fire? Now, if what David said was not what happened to Jesus, How do we know that it was these things that happened to David that happened to Jesus rather than hell fire? It was you that coupled their experiences together. -- Herb Evans

2. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

That sounds like what the JW's teach in that fire is not fire but a mere symbol. Pray tell, how do you know that? Have you consider the rich man that was tormented in the flame? Was that real fire? -- Hreb Evans

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I did. Twice.

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    *sigh* Nevermind. :BangHead:

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Aaron, not to be disrespectful but you speak as a foolish man to try to make me or anyone think you know what physical death entails. You keep referring back to Ps but that does nothing to tell you how it will be in death. If it were written word for word, you still would not know when the Bible says there is a "sting" to death. My friend, you do not know what that sting feels like and how much suffering it is. Also, the scripture tells us that Christ suffered in death.

I can't believe what I am reading. You are the first person I have ever ran in to that says there is no suffering to death. Jesus said He would not forsake us, even in death, but we still will suffer the sting.

I do not know why you would say such a thing when it only makes you look bad and unlearned. It serves no purpose whatsoever and yet it brings harm to you in the eyes of the beholder.

6. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Herb Evans
    That sounds like what the JW's teach in that fire is not fire but a mere symbol. Pray tell, how do you know that? Have you consider the rich man that was tormented in the flame? Was that real fire? -- Hreb Evans

Best decision that you've made so far. -- Herb Evans

7. Herb Evans

Herb Evans New Member

You did not answer my question. Did David suffer hell fire? Now, if what David said was not what happened to Jesus, how do we know that it was these things that happened to David that happened to Jesus rather than hell fire? It was you that coupled their experiences together. -- Herb Evans

Did you? -- Herb Evans

8. Bobby

Bobby New Member

Sorry For the Long Read...But Doctrine Needs Expalining!

9. Bobby

Bobby New Member

...continued

10. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Jesus suffer in Hell alright but it was not the Hell where the lost souls are. When He suffered it was for the sin of the world. Those in Hell where the rich man is, there was no reason to suffer for them, for they are lost.

His Soul never died and hell is a place of confinement and Jesus's hell was when He was confined to the Cross. Its the only place I read where He was confined and His soul still with Him.

Jonah was in the belly of the fish and out of the belly of hell cried I.

Some were confined in their graves and it was a type of hell.

Jesus had no reason to go to Hell of torment they were already lost.

Again, the same scripture is talking about His body not seeing corruption which He was only 3 days in the tomb and arose. His

Soul in Hell IMO, is when He was confined to the cross for our sins for that is where He paid the price.

#70 Brother Bob, Feb 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2007