1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Jesus teach Tulip ?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Good grief NO!!!

2. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

I agree. Jesus Christ did not teach false doctrine!

3. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. He taught TULIP and many other truths because He Himself is the TRUTH.

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Of course He did not use the acronym TULIP. However, he clearly taught that the Father gave him a certain number to save that did not include all men (Jn. 17:2). He clearly taught that every single one the Father did give him would come to him and not one would be lost (irresistable grace/preservation of the saints - Jn. 6:36-40,44-45; 64-65). He clearly taught the complete depravity of man (Jn. 3:18-20). He clearly taught definite redemption of the elect (Jn. 10:11; 15).

5. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Of course. I was playing along with the mindset of Robert. Jesus taught all of the truths that you fleshed out and much more.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

rippon

Yes, for the Truthes they represnt is the Gospel. Even though I cannot endorse everything this man said, I agree wholeheartedly with Charles Spurgeon assessment of the doctrines of Grace or Tulip

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Lord taught unconditional election in Jn 6

The Lord Jesus Christ testified to election when He said these words Jn 6:37

37All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

The word gives in the greek is: Didomi and it means:

to give over to one's care; as A Father gives His daughter to the Bridegroom.

in this verse its used in the present tense which means gives or is giving me. The reason why the Father is giving them to him now in his present, is because He gave them to Him in eternity. They were chosen in Him before the foundation of the world.

Remember how God gave Adam his wife eve, in that He brought her to the man ? Gen 2:22

22And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.

Well, where did the woman come from that God brought to and gave to the man Adam ? She came out of Him, She was in Him all the time, God created her in Him.

The same principle, those the Father was giving to the Son, were those that were in Him, chosen in Him [ Eph 1:4] before the foundation, His chosen bride.

So God the Father draws The Sons chosen bride to Him, and She comes to Him and shall never be cast out, that is put away.

Jesus came with the voice of the bridegroom, for His Chosen Bride Jn 3:29

He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled.

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Jesus taught limited atonement or redemption !

Also in Jn 6:40 Jesus taught limited or particular redemption, notice vs 40

40And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Only those which seeth the Son and believeth on Him are the ones Jesus Christ died for, that is His Fathers will.

Who are those which seeth the Son ?

Those who Jesus came to open their eyes Jn 9:39

39And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Obviously Jesus did not come to make all see Him, because he plainly states that he came to make some blind, which means confirm them in their natural spiritual blindness they have by nature.

Eph 4:18

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:

Jesus in regeneration opens up the eyes of ones understanding Eph 1:18

The eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints,

When Jesus says in Jn 6:40 they that seeth the Son, He means not just physically seeing Him but , metaphorically is He speaking:

the eyes of the mind, the faculty of knowing

It is these that He died for, to bring to pass this purpose. So Jesus is saying that He only died for them that truly believe in Him, and that was the Fathers will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.