1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did John Kerry Cheat at the Debate?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by KenH, Oct 3, 2004.

1. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

If you're asking for my opinion I would tell you that I do not like the fact that women are accepted in the military, period. I believe it is absolutely awful. But in our time they are permitted and as such they are treated as any other G.I. That is to be expected.

The church should discipline (whatever that entails) anyone for any known sin including gluttony. Are we talking about how the church functions or the country?

There are many members of high level positions that I would not consider including any KKK member. I would wonder why anyone would hire or recommend such a person, but I could not determine one's salvation by such a recommendation.

I agree with you, but you're complaing that the President is "grabbing federal power over childrens' education and the massive associated expenses" from a system that has no biblical basis for existence.

I pray that he does more. But he has made an effort. Banning partial birth abortion and banning federal funds for stem cell research and stating he is against abortion except in the case of rape, incest, or mother's health risk is a start. This is not complete, but I trust the President will take the necessary steps in his secong term to get it going and hopefully a complete ban.

Some pro-choice acivists are suggesting that President Bush makes an exception for cases of rape, incest and a mother's health risk because it is the lesser end of abortion. That would make it illegal for most all abortions that take place in this country. I don't know. It would at least stop many and that is a step that many a president would not be willing to take.

I did honestly consider them. No, I will not defend the President no matter what he says or does.

Poor choice of words on my part and I apologize. I appreciate your taking the time to converse with me.

It may be (dangerous). But I do not believe that is the President's intent. I believe he was acting in good faith. So while it may be an un-Christian thing to do in your mind and in the mind of others, that does not make it so.

Still doesn't make it un-Christian to seek an amendment or otherwise. It's not biblical Law.

I thought you were refering monetary expenses of the war.

It seemed to me that you were using the book James to suggest otherwise. Maybe I read too much into it, but that's the impression I received... that there were not works to give evidence of faith. Also your comment that he "calls himself a Christian" suggested to me that you were questioning his salvation. If I misunderstood or misrepresented you, I am sorry.

It's a funny thing. Secular society complains about President Bush's open faith while Christianity complains there is not enough or that he is not doing enough.

I don't know your position on the war with Iraq, but personally, I feel it is right and a just cause.

I cannot understand why that would happen. I will do some research.

I am sure that he is. He has made public confessions. Not a popular thing to do, especially in the world of politics. While your judging his works, remember to pray for him.

2. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

But it's Bush's policy to have them in combat. He can change it tomorrow if he wants to. Why do you refuse to criticize him for this? Would you also give a "free pass" to a Democrat?

I'm talking about giving high level appointments to openly unrepentant homosexuals who want to push the homosexual political agenda, which includes things like teaching that it's moral behavior, to school children. If you think that's no more serious than eating one too many hamburgers, we may be wasting our time.

No, my complaint is that he is making huge increases to the very system that you agree has no biblical basis for existence. Pretty unChristian, ain't it?

It doesn't even appear on his detailed agenda. Trust is a good thing if well placed. I think in this case, though, you're more dreaming than trusting. What inclination has he shown that would lead you to think that he'll do battle for the unborn?

No problem. I've posted things sometimes, too, that I shouldn't have said. But your remark was no big deal.

My boss in the old warehouse used to say "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

It's lawful to amend it, but unlawful to act against its provisions. That's what I'm complaining about.

The war is horribly expensive, but I was referring to his bloated social spending also.
    Don't take my word for it, go to his website where he brags about record increases.

We cannot see the heart, and we all sin. In the case of politicians, their works in running their office are our business, and we had better take a close look, because we are responsible for putting them there. If their works do not measure up, Christian or not, we should remove them.

You can talk all you want about "not being critical", or "praying for them" (which I agree with), but if they are doing wrong, it is our duty to 1) speak up and 2) vote them out.

3. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Okay. But it is my belief that although you, I, or anyone else who may think some of his policies are un-Christian, that doesn't make it so. There are differences of opinion on matters in Christianity as Paul the apostle points out in his letters. All nine of your points do not necessarily prove an un-Christian position in those matters.

4. Pennsylvania Jim

Well, the Ten Commandments pretty much rule out abortion, homosexuality, and theft. Doesn't matter what you or I think.

5. Daisy

Daisy New Member

Which Commandment mentions homosexuality?

6. Pennsylvania Jim

None of them. I made an incorrect statement. But the rest of Scripture strongly and repeatedly condemns it, so I think my point remains on solid ground.

7. leesw

leesw Member

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member