1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Judas have any chance at being saved?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Daniel David, Nov 13, 2002.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    All the difference between heaven and hell. Anyone who repents and believes goes to heaven. Anyone who does not ends up in hell because of his sin.

The question we all must ask, laying aside our doctrinal squabbles, is "Have I repented and believed?" Having all of the Biblically correct doctrine in the world is worthless unless we repent and believe.

Ken

[ November 13, 2002, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Ken Hamilton ]

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

They did before Christ preached to the saints in Hell. There's a difference between paradise and Heaven.

Rejoiced could have occurred when he was in paradise and He came as a child to Bethlehem. Because we don't know when the past tense experience happened, we cannot assume that He somehow believed during his earthly existance. There is nothing in the OT about such a thing, even in having faith in the MEssiah and receiving present salvation from a future messiah.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Scott,

Jesus is God. If one had faith before Jesus came in the flesh, he believed in Jesus, as Jesus is God.

And Abraham knew God had promised to bless all nations through him, which God accomplished through Jesus, who is God.

That's how I see it anyway. [​IMG]

Ken

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

To further what Ken said, the book of Hebrews tell us that Abraham saw Isaac as a type. I am convinced Abraham knew about the resurrection.

Regarding Judas, Glen, if you don't have an oppinion and it isn't your business, why did you post?

Also, since Jesus called him the son of destruction, he was lost.

My original question was whether there was a chance he could have been saved. The answer is no. Prophesy demanded that one of Jesus' own would betray him. Jesus chose Judas as that one.

The arminians are the ones with the problem here. Somehow, God's word might not have come to pass. What a thought! What a way to live day to day. Perhaps God's word might still be changed? That is exactly where arminians are and why they logically embrace Open Theism.

5. Rev. G

Rev. G New Member

Friend, just to be "fair" here, we should remember that there are a number of "non-Calvinists" who are opposed to Open Theism. While they have not embraced the full consequences of "free will" as Pinnock and others have (Socinianism is the natural outgrowth of Pelagianism), they have shown themselves to be committed to God's Word. In this they should be commended. [​IMG]

One might argue that the "logical" consequences of "Calvinism" are not praying, not evangelizing, fatalism, etc. However, this is a failure to recognize the difference between hyper-Calvinism and Calvinism. One denies human responsibility, one maintains it. Thus, "Calvinism" maintains the "logic" of both sovereignty and responsibility without denying either. [​IMG]

Rev. G

6. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

True enough Rev. G. I was speaking more to those who think God's word might change.

I have great respect and admiration for Drs. Rogers, Patterson, and Vines. None of them are Calvinists, and all of them reject Open Theism.

7. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Judas had the free will to make the choices he wanted to make.

Yet since God never placed within his heart a desire to obey Him, he acted according to his depraved nature. No one is responsible for his choices except him.

Judas will stand before God's throne one day and acknowledge that he did exactly what he wanted to do, and no one is responsible for his rejection except him.