1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Oakland Police Intentionally Shoot Marine Vet Scott Olsen In the Head?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Oct 31, 2011.

1. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Woody you seem like a nice guy, but the very fact that you make those statements proves that the military brain washes people. The military has no clue as to what, your words, "outstanding moral men full of character" is. They now are open to homosexuals, they have had some disgraceful events with the women as well as men, and the overall performance in morals is in the pit. My friend YOU have fell to being brain washed by the military!
    Here is just one link to show you just how immoral the military is.
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/nationworld/2002162977_gitmo28.html

As to ex-military taking para military and security positions for the money, yes that is luring but it does not explain their tactics. They were brain washed by the military and they carry that kind of mind set into the private sector even when put on police forces. They tend to brutalize the citizens.
    Mark my word friend. As we see these people return home many are going to go into some sort of police work and we will see an increase in police brutality as well as human rights being stomped on. Also there is coming a time when the military will be used to stop the people from standing up for their rights and freedoms and the military will use lethal force on its own citizens.

2. targus

targus New Member

Aren't you the same person that advocated snipers executing curfew violaters not too long ago? :laugh:

3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Not exactly. They were not simply curfew violators. They were rioters who were attacking the innocent as well as business and robbing people in large crowds. I said that they should be warned not to come back using a curfew and if they did return shoot them with snipers instead of allowing them to continue to vandalize and rob the innocent. The blood would be on their own heads.

That is not the same as what I am speaking of here. That was speaking of protecting the citizens from those who are out of control and I am speaking of police using excessive force to control peaceful demonstrations as well as excessive force in arrests after the suspect has been subdued.

#23 freeatlast, Nov 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2011
  4. targus

targus New Member

Have all the OWS demonstators been peaceful?

I don't think so.

Which ones would you have shot without due process?

You are so inconsistent it is funny.

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Due process comes after the crime not before it.

HankD

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You are correct that all the protesters have not all been peaceful. To answer your question, what ever force is necessary, but not more force then necessary, should be used to subdue and bring under control any person who is violating our laws. If that includes lethal force then I fully support it. At no time do I believe that our police or military personnel should be put in undue harms way because of restraints in how they apprehend as long as they are not using undo force. If lethal force is needed to protect the police or military I am in full support. I am not in support of excessive force such as happened the Rodney King case or Chad Holley in Houston.

#26 freeatlast, Nov 6, 2011
  7. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

:thumbs: Yes you are correct Hank. Once the person or persons are subdued with what ever force needed, not excess force, then the person can face due process if they are still alive.

#27 freeatlast, Nov 6, 2011
  8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

How many of the violent "protesters" were undercover cops?

How many of the violent "protesters" were being protected by the cops?

I believe it was at the WTO protests in Seattle that the police were protecting the "anarchists" and letting them run wild, destroying property and putting many at risk.

When the anarchists finally got tired and went home to their abandoned building (that the police already knew about) the police attacked the peaceful protesters. And left the "anarchists" alone.

Anyway the point is we don't know who these violent people are and if they are working with or for or actually are the "authorities".

COINTELPRO didn't just go away after the 1960's. The tactics they used back then are still being used today.

According to attorney Brian Glick in his book War at Home, the FBI used four main methods during COINTELPRO:
    1. Infiltration: Agents and informers did not merely spy on political activists. Their main purpose was to discredit and disrupt. Their very presence served to undermine trust and scare off potential supporters. The FBI and police exploited this fear to smear genuine activists as agents.
    2. Psychological Warfare From the Outside: The FBI and police used a myriad of other "dirty tricks" to undermine progressive movements. They planted false media stories and published bogus leaflets and other publications in the name of targeted groups. They forged correspondence, sent anonymous letters, and made anonymous telephone calls. They spread misinformation about meetings and events, set up pseudo movement groups run by government agents, and manipulated or strong-armed parents, employers, landlords, school officials and others to cause trouble for activists.
    3. Harassment Through the Legal System: The FBI and police abused the legal system to harass dissidents and make them appear to be criminals. Officers of the law gave perjured testimony and presented fabricated evidence as a pretext for false arrests and wrongful imprisonment. They discriminatorily enforced tax laws and other government regulations and used conspicuous surveillance, "investigative" interviews, and grand jury subpoenas in an effort to intimidate activists and silence their supporters.[20]
    4. Extralegal Force and Violence: The FBI conspired with local police departments to threaten dissidents; to conduct illegal break-ins in order to search dissident homes; and to commit vandalism, assaults, beatings and assassinations.[20][21][22] The object was to frighten, or eliminate, dissidents and disrupt their movements.
    SOURCE

So, I ask you again how many of these "violent protesters" were working for or with or actually were the "authorities"?

Sure there are going to be stupid people at any event but history shows that most of the violence at protests are produced by the very people charged with upholding the law and protecting citizens. Like it happened in NYC not to long ago. There were people standing behind a fence. One older woman was standing there and a cop kept running his scooter's front tire into her legs. He did this several time until a rather tall black male got sick of the whole thing and reached over the woman to give the cop a richly deserved smack on the snout. Then out came the billy clubs and the beatings began. When the "media" reported on it they left out the part were the cop was doing his level best to incite violence.

Question;

So, how do you know for sure the violence was caused by protesters?

Answer;

You don't. But I understand that most people here will defend the authorities no matter what criminal actions they may have been involved in. I've seen it here a million times already. The state is god and it is un American or un Christian to question it. That is the point most of you most usually try to make in all these discussions. Evidently the long history of criminal acts by the state makes no difference to most of you.

#28 poncho, Nov 6, 2011
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Classic. "I can't prove it, but I know it's true." It's not a matter of homework; it's a matter of your immature reasoning. You make an assertion, the burden of proof is on you. If it's such a "fact," then you should be able to provide the proof within minutes.

Opinions are like armpits: everyone's got two, and some smell a lot worse than others. The fact that you're not willing to provide proof for your opinion means that it's just an pleasant odor wafting through this thread.

(for everyone else: a search for "police brutality" will provide you with two major results-- a wiki page that discusses the subject for the entire world, but has a link to U.S. only events; however, it doesn't provide the background of the police officer in question, and therefore doesn't support FAL's assertion. You'll also find some research papers that attempted to find causal links behind police brutality. Most of those are from the 80's; if there's more current research, it's not as easy to find. That research asked the question if police brutality could be linked to ethnicity, prior military service, geographic background, and/or other factors. The researchers found no such links; instead, it was more closely linked to younger age and inexperience/immaturity.)

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Maybe you aren't doing your research in the right manner Don.

You aren't going to find the answer in five minutes of googlin. It's gonna take effort and a lot of it.

Probably have to go way back in time to when we actually declared war on those we went into an armed conflict with and study the "evolution" of our geopolitical strategies from then up to the present where we figure it's okay to bomb other nations into oblivion on the word of a handful of international elites that work for (funded by) an even smaller handful of international banksters and corporitos who make huge profits from the destruction and reconstruction of the nations they say ought to be bombed into oblivion.

You may have to go back in time to when we had "peace officers" instead of "law enforcment" officers. Back before cops became 300 pound steroid shootin super aggresive monsters with a badge. Back before we all started to be brainwashed that "good guys" wear black masks and tote German submachine guns. Back before we had SWAT teams to knock down doors and taser little old ladies in wheelchairs into compliance to serve a warrant in the next building. Oops, our mistake lady sorry about the heart attack and all.

#30 poncho, Nov 6, 2011
  11. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're mixing questions, Ponch. Focus on FAL's assertion that "many police officers who are guilty of police brutality are ex-military"; then provide the reference sources. Once you do that, I'll give you some credence and continue discussion with you.

12. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Here's the thing though Don, I don't think it really matters if a cop is ex military or not. Brutality has got more to do with who you are and how you grew up than what you've been trained to do.

Do you think it would be correct to say that the police of today are being trained in military tactics? Back when I was a kid John Wayne was one of my heros. Still is matter of fact. Why? He believed in good ole American truth and justice. Good guys wore white hats played fair and always got the girl.

Who are the heros of our kids today? Black clad cops toting German submachine guns breakin down doors and shooting the bad guys. Camo covered warrior killing machines with an endless supply of ammo from a video game.

Everything today is militarized. The tv shows, the movies, the schools, boy scouts being trained to subdue disgruntled war veterans, yadda yadda yadda!

Here it is Don. It's not just the military and police that is being brainwashed . . . we all are being brainwashed! Slowly and methodically to accept men wearing black face masks toting German submachine guns doing whatever they please to whom ever they please on every corner to be our new reality. We're being drowned in the "warrior culture".

We're all being conditioned like Pavlov's dogs to accept tyranny. One bell at a time.

Ex military or not. So is it really all that surprising that people who enjoy beating on others would join our new and improved militarized police force?

Would it be correct to assume that the more kids that grow up in our "warrior culture" are going to turn out to be cops that like to beat on people and abuse their authority?

All I'm saying here is that given the shear amount of 24/7 non stop red white and blue patriotic militarized conditioning we've all soaked in for decades (some of us anyways) it's a wonder we aren't all out there wearing black masks worshipping the state and breakin some skulls and snickerin about the whole thing later with our buddies. Or all cowering under our beds because our more or less peaceful towns and cities are being turned into active military zones with our help and tax dollars.

Remember Don, "if you see something, say something"

I still watch those old John Wayne movies and guess what I've noticed Don I'd venture a guess and say that in the majority of them the "law" worked for the bad guys (in black hats). Think not? Go watch em for yourself.

You don't think the Duke was trying to tell us something do you?

#32 poncho, Nov 6, 2011
  13. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Believe it or not, I agree with you there, Poncho. That's a first, I think.

As a member of the military, I would have to say that is only partially correct. The average police officer is not trained in military tactics. However, special teams such as SWAT are. Not to the same extent that military is, because the focus is different, and it is a different atmosphere. But it is all basic MOUT, or Movement Over Urban Terrain.

You said this phrase a few times. Sorry, but I am missing the reference.

I am interested to hear exactly what you mean. I know you hold that we are fighting senseless wars, but that doesn't constitute a warrior culture. I am curious as to what exactly you mean here.

@FAL: One of the first things we must learn and be able to recite when going into basic training is the The Warrior Ethos. Then the Soldier's Creed. Then the acronym LDRSHIP.
    The Warrior Ethos is simply:
    I will always place the mission first.
    I will never accept defeat.
    I will never quit.
    I will never leave a fallen comrade.

The Soldier's Creed is longer, but embodies the same ideas.
    Finally, the acronym LDRSHIP:
    Loyalty
    Duty
    Respect
    Selfless Service
    Honor
    Integrity
    Personal Courage

This acronym is pounded into our heads daily all through basic, and it is impressed on a dogtag we receive upon graduation. If that isn't trying to produce a man of character at the least, and a man of moral value at most, then I am missing something here.
    I will admit that the military is accepting homosexuals. But that was politician's decisions. Not the military's. Everyone in my company (of around 200) is against the repealment of the DADT policy, and would rather we not allow homosexuals in at all.
    Is the military producing God-fearing men and women? No, not even close. But it does hold to a higher moral standard than most of the population. I stand with the study that says that there is no correlation between being ex-military and being a brutal cop. On the other hand though, maybe their character is why they couldn't stay in the military?

#33 Sapper Woody, Nov 6, 2011
  14. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You said this;
    "I will admit that the military is accepting homosexuals. But that was politician's decisions. Not the military's" Let me shock you a little. It was the military who went along and recommended to congress.
    The thing you call an acronym really a mantra and is what brain washing is or at least part if it. No the military does not have standards higher then the populous. Perhaps I have been mislead. What countries military are you serving in, because your description does not sound like the military of the USA? Have you forgotten what happened in Iraq with the woman guard and the Iraq prisoners. Or how about how the military used woman to do seductive gestures with the Islamic terrorists at Guantanamo. There is much more but I think you get the picture. Son Check your ID because you may be in some foreign military organization since what you are describing does not match what is going on in ours.
    Like I said before you seem like a great guy with your head on your shoulder about many things, but you are brainwashed by the military. You are among many who are fighting for our freedoms and dying outside our nation while the politicians are stripping them away right here in the USA. May I suggest that you step back and re-examine what you think is going on?

#34 freeatlast, Nov 6, 2011
  15. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Is "brainwashing" someone to be a good person a bad thing? Also, don't hinge an opinion of the whole on the acts of a few. The percentage of military that commits an atrocity is actually smaller than the percentage of Baptists who get divorced. Does this mean that Baptists are evil people who wish to destroy the sanctity of marriage?

Also, when something like that happens, it is not condoned. It is condemned, and punished. Then it is put in a powerpoint and used as a negative example on what not to do.

If the image I paint of our military is not how you imagine it, then you are sadly mistaken. As a whole, the people of the military are conservative, good people (unfotunately, there's a very vocal minority who aren't). Like I said, they're not God-fearing Christians by any stretch, but a far cry better (character-wise) than the average populace.

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Right, if their actions pose a threat to human life then deadly force can be an element of the Rules of Engagement.

e.g. Setting a car on fire is a threat to human life as a gas tank that is only partially full can explode killing and burning those in the immediate area, setting other cars and property on fire, etc...

HankD

17. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

As a member of the human race I would have to say again training doesn't count for much if you're already "wired" to do evil. Besides in this day and age evil is good and good is evil.

The media, including tv shows, cartoons, movies, and the radio. Books, magazines, video games, kids toys, you name it. We're slowly being marinated alive in militarism. Some of us a few us just never got so conditioned to it that we can't see it all around us. It's in the air man I mean it's like electric! Sorry livin in simpler time for a second there.

Idea!

Let's go back in my time machine for a minute to my childhood. Click Here to start the count down . . .

Now let's get "back to the future" or the present Click Here for the let down . . .

No these wars make perfect sense actually but it depends on your perpective I guess. If you are like me a payer of taxes I see it as a needless drain on my meager earnings. If you're say a shareholder in a private central bank, hint Federal Reserve or the CEO of a giant global corporation or a conglomeration of alot of em you might see it as a way to take money from my pocket and put directly, more less into your's by using the force of government so I won't even knowing who's pocket it ended up in!

And have the benefit of me actually paying homage to you and your political hitmen for the "service" I was allowed to do for my country!

In that they make perfect sense. But to liberate people and build democracies where no democracies have ever gone before? No, that's all just code for colonialism or neo colonialism by a group of international gangsters instead of just a single state or two like in the old days but a bit more technetronically advanced and up to date

And I think I may have already explained the rest. The "warrior culture". Popular tee shirt reads . . . "you can run but you'll only die tired".
    The military is limited in the type and quality of the individual it gets to start with. It always has been. Believe it or not people are not running each other over to be first in line to join the military these days. :eek:

The military can no more stop people from being individuals than it can be all and do all everywhere at the same time without wearing itself out. It does however expect that while you a member of uncle Sam's team to obey the rules or in some cases (higher up) be ready to cover it up and forget about it.

Now c'mon you know it happens. There have always been cover ups in the military, the civil government from dog catcher right on up to POTUS it's natural for people to try and cover up things. And it used to be natural for people to try and un cover these things but today we don't do that anymore and those few that still do are called "conspiracy theorists" and *un patriotic this and thats putting the country at risk and such.

*That last bit was taken right out of Joseph Goebell and Hermann Goerings own playbook. And I see it bandied around here on almost a daily basis! By people defending these illegal wars. Which proves what you ask? Oh nothing just that the really good war time propaganda has staying power, even after five or six decades it's still in wide use and still effective.

Brain washing. To wash the brain? I'd say a better term is conditioning. Brain washing is an intense and unpleasant experience if we can believe what we see in movies. Conditioning on the other hand is a slow and mostly painless experience that goes on every waking hour day in and day out sometimes we even look forward to our conditioning months in advance. The Super Bowl! Yeah!

Hey you know the TSA is doing grope downs at football games now don't ya Joe? So what . . . it's the Super Bowl! Yeah! I'll gladly let em grope me to get in! Yeah! Go team!

#37 poncho, Nov 6, 2011
  18. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Like I said you have been brainwashed.

19. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sapper, it doesn't do any good to try to educate FAL about the military. He's never been military, has no desire to understand it. He's quite satisfied in espousing his knowledge of something of which he has no actual knowledge.

You'll notice that he's using your posts to avoid answering my last post to him. (bottom of page 3; although I see I wrote something about "pleasant" when the word should have been "unpleasant")

----- edited to add:
    You should also be aware: He speaks out of both sides of his mouth. He and I had an exchange a few months ago, where I asked him about a military guard on a gate, and he basically stated that the guard should follow orders without question (i.e., "brainwashing"). I explained to him that we don't teach our guards to do that, that we do teach them to question illegal/immoral orders; he refused to accept that. As I said, he likes to think he knows all about the military, and won't hesitate to give you his opinion on the military. Problem is, he doesn't have the first clue what he's talking about.

#39 Don, Nov 6, 2011
  20. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Operation Mountain Guardian. Or conditioning the public to accept federal control of local agencies and military personel policing the streets of America.

Click Here for the videos.

But wait! That's not all!

When Alex Jones learned that marines would be training with foreign troops in a giant urban warfare practice that included training on how to control and imprison civilian populations, he packed up and headed out to Oakland, California for Operation Urban Warrior. Here you see him preparing to document this example of mass conditioning and preparation for martial law.

These drills go on all the time. Conditioning folks to accept a cool gun in the face and a friendly knee in the back. This is how the military and the civilian population is being conditioned. Not brainwashed, conditioned. Programmed. Trained. Led into. Herded. Like sheep.​

#40 poncho, Nov 6, 2011