1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Obama really do this?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Nov 9, 2008.

1. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

All I can say is I'm glad I'm not videoed all the time.

I know that when someone is looking hard enough - something can be found.

I have serious, substantial disagreement with Mr. Obama on policy. This is a mannerism of his that it seems would be better for him if he changed.

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Define worse.

What do you believe Bill and Hillary would do?

We get these broad accusations from the Obama haters, but no specifics.

3. monk

monk New Member

John McCain gave every conservative with more than 3 brain cells the finger when he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

This whole thread is pretty flippant. It's for the birds.

:D

5. givengrace

givengrace New Member

I have my differences From Obama but I didn't see it as flipping off but I did notice the Crowd Booing when McCain was talking about by Obama. So as to the Ones who said McCain's supporters were Rude I think they did there share of Rudeness too. As for the Hillary Video I didn't watch it if Obama has a problem with his speech making and keeping himself from drooling I agree he may need a Hanky.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Really I don't think he's flipping anyone off. Not the way I would normally wipe my mouth(switching fingers) but maybe it's normal for him.

7. Enoch

Enoch New Member

I agree. But I also think it's intentional as does the crowd in the Hillary video. Looking forward to the day when he "wipes his face" when speaking to Ahmadinejad. :laugh: Good times ahead!

8. John Toppass

John Toppass Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you study Chicago politics you will realize that is exactly what he is doing. Just like he will be doing to the taxpaying American citizen for the next 4 years. But, I will still pray for his administration.

9. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

As silly and superficial as it seems..... I think it is a deliberate gesture.... and it is a strike out count.... the index finger for one, the thumb for the two and the bird for the three count ......all the while talking about McCain. He wasn't slobbering, He was wiping outside the corners of his mouth.

It is both deliberate and designed to appear so innocent that anyone drawing attention to it is made to look silly in the eyes of others. But these gestures are typical of street signs of disrepect while feigning a polite and cooperative demeanor. How about asking a seasoned LEO about this. Out of respect for the President Elect they might deny...... but many would know the intent is to signal an attitude to their gang in the crowd.

Poor taste!

Speakers know and polish their gestures. Obama is no exception.