1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Oswald Kill JFK?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by luke1616, Feb 13, 2011.

?
  1. YES

8 vote(s)
    53.3%
  2. NO

7 vote(s)
    46.7%
  1. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

Just curious, how many of you think Lee Oswald shot JFK alone, or was he set up as a patsy? I've been studying this case for awhile and wanted to see opinions here. Thanks

2. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Considering the amount of conjecture and speculation about JFK's assassination, the jury is still out on a yes or no answer. That Oswald acted alone seems suspicious considering he turned up dead by one Jack Ruby who also conveniently deceased before any trials. JFK had a lot of high powered enemies: Castro, MAFIA, KKK, etal. Also curious: the Warren Commission Report was locked away for 75 years--in the interests of national security?? The freedom of information act made the report public domain. It is still good fodder for the conspiracy folks.

This is not new. Abe Lincoln's assassination is still riddled with conjecture and speculation about conspiracy. Abe had a lot of enemies in high places too--including the KKK and several Colonels from Kentucky.

This is all part of spiritual wickedness in high places.

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Selah,

Bro. James

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I certainly think Oswald did kill Kennedy. But your poll asks that as a binary question, while your post asks about a conspiracy. Probably most conspiracy theorists think Oswald pulled the trigger, but the real question-- perhaps unanswerable for certainly-- is whether he had one or more accomplices; not necessarily as shooters, but who connived at his being in the right place at the right time to do it, getting him the weapon, helping him get out of the building, et al.

4. luke1616

luke1616 New Member

"Also curious: the Warren Commission Report was locked away for 75 years--in the interests of national security?? The freedom of information act made the report public domain. It is still good fodder for the conspiracy folks."
    The report was made public in late 1964, and is full of contradictions and leads that were not followed up, but buried. You might be thinking of the CIA and FBI files, that each year are released with a trickle.

5. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

Oswald may have pulled the trigger...

But, my personal opinion is that LBJ with help from the military indistrial complex plotted and carried out the assasination of JFK

My reasoning?

I firmly believe JFK was tired of Viet nam and wanted us out, completely.

That there was simply too much money to be made by escalating Viet Nam

And, LBJ had to finance his "Great Society" somehow...

Viet Nam successfully diverted the whole nation from "seeing" the Progressive Course that was being plotted...

6. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

Probably too many "unseen" fingers helped pull the trigger to count----------so many so, and so cleaverly concealed they were that the only person who has the ability to sort them all out would be God Almighty---to which He will sort it(the unseen trigger fingers) out one day---yes He certainly will!!!!!:thumbs:

:saint::saint::saint:
    Blackbird

7. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "One day?" Ain't it too bad he can't sort it out now? And what day?

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Back in the days when I was reading about the assassination and looking at the evidence in books (including the layout of Dealey Plaza) and the diagrams of the alleged path of travel for the "magic bullet", I was convinced there was a conspiracy.

The first time I visited Dealey Plaza Was when Oliver Stone was filming the assassination scene in Dealey Plaza back in 1990, and I drove down there one night and looked at the place after all of the old signs and elements had been restored to the way it was in 1963 - just like the images in all of the books and film.

Since that time, I have visited Dealey Plaza dozens of times (when I have time, I often walk from Union Station where the train from Fort Worth drops off to my firm's Dallas office in the West End instead of taking DART light rail) and have become convinced by the preponderance of evidence (actually lack of evidence for a conspiracy) that I fully believe Oswald was the lone assassin.

10. billwald

billwald New Member

Then (maybe) Oswald was the lone assassin in the same way that Booth was the lone assassin of Lincoln?

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

I was 9 years old when Kennedy was assasinated, I remember the day clearly.

I tend to believe there was more than one person involved. I do believe the bullet that hit Kennedy in the back came from Oswald. But I have seen the films dozens of times and that last bullet did not seem to come from the rear.

I saw a show quite a few years ago where a fellow did extensive research, and he believed there was a gunman at street level in a storm drain. He showed how a man with a rifle could stand in this drain and make the last shot. It lined up perfect. He also showed how this gunman could quickly walk underground in the sewer system and come out at a creek several blocks away. I was very impressed because they simulated the car coming down the street and showed with photography that a gunman could have easily hit Kennedy on the front right side of his head from this drain.

I was always very skeptical that Oswald acted alone. It was just too easy when he was killed in the Dallas Police Station. Ruby got past all security and just walked right up to Oswald. Too easy.

I also saw an interview with one of the doctors who tried to save Oswald. He said he received a call from LBJ who demanded an autopsy in the morning. He told the President that Oswald was in bad shape, but he was still alive and they were doing everything they could to save him. Again, LBJ repeated that he expected an autopsy on his desk in the morning.

The reporter asked this doctor what impression he got from this, and he said he got the impression that LBJ wanted Oswald dead.

So, we will never know the answer. Who knows, perhaps Oswald just got lucky and hit his target.

12. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Yep, and we didn't go to the moon either and a rocket hit the Pentagon rather than a jet liner.

13. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And maybe Bigfoot was a co-conspirator.

14. BobinKy

BobinKy New Member

I don't know.

...Bob

15. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

My wife and I toured the book depository several years ago----had a tour guide there that took us through a "Time" sequence

It would have been possible for Oswald to squeeze off 3 rounds in about 3 seconds time(perhaps in less time than that)----considering the first round was chambered and ready to fire---at the squeeze of the trigger for discharge #1 would start the time sequence for the firing sequence

Russian made bolt action rifle with open sights----no scope would have been needed at such a short distance from the depository to the street below----I looked out the window from the site above to the street below and you could have just about reached your hand out the window and slapped Kennedy in the behind with your hand---it was that close----so----more or less Oswald is firing at a "Point Blank" range

First shot is fired---a hit from a distance of about 75 feet

Rifle is bolted back---cartridge ejected and another round chambered from a Oswald that is packed full of adriniline

Keep in mind now----Oswald is aiming at and shooting at and actually hitting a moving target---something extremely difficult to do with a rifle even at such a close distance ----- had he been shooting with a pistol he probably would have just been hitting air---know what I mean??

An interesting thing to point out is ----- the motorcade drove down the boulavard and then made a right hand turn and an immediate left turn taking the President directly underneath the depository---right under Oswald's nose(if you would)----had the motorcade chosen a different route opposite the one they did take----there would have been no way Oswald could have hit the targeted Limo------much less hit the President with a head shot

In my honest opinion------Oswald "studied" at that book depository----he "timed" everything just right----the position he would be in---the time table of the motorcade and the route they would be taking------no way the thing could have been pulled off by a "flunky" on the street---Oswald knew what he was doing and knew how to do it-----and probably had a coach or two or three that assisted