1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did Pharaoh's Magicians Really Change Their Rods into Real Serpents?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Scripture More Accurately, Feb 17, 2021.

?
  1. Yes, they changed their rods into real serpents through the power of the devil.

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. Yes, they changed their rods into real serpents through God's working a miracle through them.

1 vote(s)
    7.7%
  3. No, there was some kind of trickery that they did to make it look like they did a miracle.

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  4. No, demons supernaturally substituted real serpents in place of their rods.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Not sure.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Other. Please specify in a comment.

2 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Most likely, those magicians had practiced their trix for years, same as modern illusionists have done. They had to keep Pharaoh impressed to keep their cushy jobs.

They could chemically make water appear to become blood, & likely knew of a frog hatching site. But their limit came when it came to turning dust into lice. They couldn't do that, not match the rest of God's miracles. But as I said earlier, God had chosen to impress Pharaoh in stages.

BTW, my studies tell me that the Amalekites that Israel brushed by were on their way to Egypt to conquer it while it was weak from the plagues, & were known to the Egyptians, and our history as the Hyksos. They ruled Egypt til Saul & the Israeli army destroyed their main base & capital at Auris (Avaris). This was another example of God's using other nations to punish those He considers His favored peoples. He used Amalek to punish Egypt for their treatment of Israel, and Israel to punish Amalek for their many sins, their treatment of Egypt, & their earlier attack upon Israel in the wilderness. (As we see in Isaiah 19, God still has special care for Egypt.)

#41 robycop3, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Makes one wonder if the Antichrist will be doing real miracles, or using tech and sleight of hand, eh?

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd say
    I'd say the false prophet will be doing real ones, as God will allow Satan to empower him.

4. Guvnuh

Guvnuh Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think he’ll be doing both.