1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Political Correctness Play a Pert in the Fort Hood Slaughter

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Nov 6, 2009.

1. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Gee. And here I am trying to have a serious discussion about the non-existant PC destruction of real Americans without overly pious, ignorant, and old-time stupidity of idiotic talk.

So, since you will not be here for this,
    what is the other thoughts here?

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Nonsequitur should be commended. He cannot exercize his Christ Like piety and his carnal Adamic nature in the same post!:applause::applause::applause:

3. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Because no one did anything about his statements against the war, against the government, against "infidels." The military and the U. S. government is afraid of being labeled "anti-Muslim." Now 13 people have died because of this.

He openly expressed the view that the war in Iraq and Afghanistan was a war against Muslims. He made statements that suicide bombers were heroes. In a class presentation, he made it about Muslims instead of environmental health. On grand rounds at Walter Reed, he said infidels should be beheaded. As a military officer, this is all unacceptable.

I've heard reports on NPR, TV news, and read 3 articles in the Washington Post today on this. Several of his colleagues reported him to administrators but nothing was done.

This shooting could have been prevented.

4. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Praying for the families does not preclude an investigation and open discussion of the facts, which are coming out more and more each day. Yet I wonder if the government or the military will admit to these facts, and instead just say Hasan was stressed. It had nothing to do with stress; he was showing his true colors long before.

The report in the Washington Post today said that Hasan's shooting was calm and "methodical," and that he came "well-prepared." He did not "snap," as some people want to say.

I think it's hypocritical to pray for the families and ignore the facts that could have prevented the deaths.

5. Winman

Winman Active Member

Political correctness is coming in to play here. Here is part of an article from Fox News posted today.

This fellow who is considered an expert on terrorism says it was in fact an act of terror, but the Obama administration will spin it. Because Obama cannot conceive that the Muslims are terrorists, or else not call it terrorism for other reasons, they will try to portray it as the acts of lone individual who was mentally ill, or suffering from the side effects of drugs.

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree with you, Marcia.

As for the OP, I don't know if PC had anything to do with the shooter's actions, but I am quite afraid it will have much to do with how the situation is being handled, and will continue to be handled.

If a so called "Christian" had done this, you'd better believe it would be labled a "hate crime" as well as a "terrorist act" and all the libbies in D.C. would be pushing for new legislation to prevent it from happening again. Since a muslim did it, the press and the president will tippy-toe around the "unfortunate event" and make the filthy murderer out to be a poor, repressed, misunderstood minority.:BangHead:

7. OldRegular

Political Correctness had nothing to do with the shooters actions but Political Correctness kept the proper authorities from taking precautions to ensure that the Major did not act on his hatred. Political Correctness has made everyone but Christians a privileged class in this country.

8. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

No one could have said it better.

Because of PC common sense is outlawed. After all, we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, especially some Muslim minority lunatic who unwittingly serves satan!

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_fort_hood_shooting

Danquah assumed the military's chain of command knew about Hasan's doubts, which had been known for more than a year to classmates in a graduate military medical program. His fellow students complained to the faculty about Hasan's "anti-American propaganda," but said a fear of appearing discriminatory against a Muslim student kept officers from filing a formal written complaint.

10. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And that's PC at work.

11. OldRegular

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

12. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

It's too bad this Political Correctness cost so many innocent lives. It's like the screening at the airport. A Muslim man carrying a copy of the Koran is sometimes overlooked while a 80 year grandmother is strip-searched. After all, we cannot appear to be discriminatory against even the people who want to kill us.

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's an immigrant (Albania) that has done some work for me around the house that has a great take on all this garbage.

He is ADAMANT that any immigrant to this country learn English, which he has done very well. He also has nothing but praise for the citizenry of this country, BUT he is also very convinced that, though the people and opportunities are wonderful, "Your government is very stupid!"

This in regards to language ("Press 1 for Hispanic is a no-no"), all illegals should be deported pronto, the tax system is very unfair, ------.

IOW he has a far better grasp of the possibilities and freedoms now in place AS WELL as the iffy future if national policies aren't immediately corrected.

Haven't talked to him since this episode, but I strongly imagine his response would be something like -- "His superiors who let this guy continue to function when they knew of his questionable allegiance, should all be horse-whipped, tarred & feathered, and then put in jail for dereliction of duty, if not executed on the spot for treason."

FWIW, I tend to agree with this imaginary response.

14. billwald

billwald New Member

Freedom is dangerous. The choice is apparently being afraid of one's neighbors or being afraid of one's government. I'll take my chances with my neighbors.

15. billwald

billwald New Member

>It's too bad this Political Correctness cost so many innocent lives

Could one of you real Baptists define "innocent" with respect to everyone being born a sinner?

16. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Sorry. Didn't know that was essential to post here on your web-site.

How about this?

"his Christ-like piety"- since I am a man, and can not even come near what Jesus did; how about I just live my life as I think I should, according to the Bible, regardless of what holier-than-thou-people think?
    "carnal Adamic nature'- please tell us, oh great teacher, how we can get rid of our original sin without God's Grace?

17. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

18. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

This is the best post on this thread. Amazing how sometimes it takes an "outsider" to help us see it like it is.

19. OldRegular

Nonsequitur

Here I am complementing you in public and you get sarcastic.:tear::tear::tear::tear:

20. Nonsequitur

Nonsequitur New Member

Sorry. Going through so many posts after the week-end I might have taken the wrong idea. Sorry.
    I think i was a little upset about how others think the Ft. Hood situation was caused by anything other than a crazed muslim and I might have, through red-goggles, mis-understood your post. Sorry.