1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did Satan Eat Of The Forbidden Fruit?

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Jun 18, 2022.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:

3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:

5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

Comments???... Brethren this OP is opened for discussion... If he did why and the same reason if he didn't?... Brother Glen:)

2. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he did - it was to show her that nothing bad would happen.

If not - probably because Eve was gullible.

And with T-46 permission :

Do you think Adam was in listening distance during the temptation?

upload_2022-6-19_3-17-13.png

3. timtofly

timtofly Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you think Satan convinced God to plant the tree of the knowledge of good and evil? Adam being the original Job scenario?

And to make it a free will choice plant a tree of life beside the tree that was forbidden.

4. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How in the world does this topic of complete speculation end up in the Calvin v Arminius Forum?

Mod's can we move this topic to the "Utter speculation" Forum???

• Useful Useful x 2
  5. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The speculative question is based the fallacy of the argument from silence.

6. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    First of all timtofly I don't think Satan convinced God of anything but some of the commentators I have read posed the same question, did Satan influence Eve to take of the forbidden fruit, if he did... How?... There is an old saying action speaks louder than words, not partaking of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil was given to Adam and Eve... I like Salty's response... If he did - it was to show her that nothing bad would happen... Brother Glen:)

7. tyndale1946

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Austin... The moderators can do what they want but we don't have a Utter speculation" Forum but maybe we should have as long as I have been on this board there have been more utter speculation questions, than you can shake a stick at, this is just one and the board comes undone?... And btw, I'm no new kid on the block and been here longer than anyone here and I watch this board like a hawk... Brother Glen:)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Certainly the whole of creation could have eaten and nothing bad would happen, as long as Adam never did.

Eve showed Adam when she ate that nothing bad would happen, as far as we know.

We know that more than if Satan ate.

The problem is Eve said "they" could not even touch it. How did she get the fruit without touching it? Is that not false confirmation bias. She claimed touching it would produce death. Then when she touched it, nothing happened. She was hooked on Satan's deception with her own false argument.

9. AustinC

AustinC Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that the number of utter speculation topics is great. I am just wondering how it relates to a theological difference between Arminians and Calvinists???

10. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't many threads end up on that topic ?

11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I brought up this cartoon in SS this AM. and the more I think about there may be some truth to it.! In the strip - Eve stated "I cant resist apples" -- and as I thought about it- we do know that the Devil does try to hit us at our weak point. (granted we don't know what fruit) So I wonder if a weakness of Eve did play into how the Devil planned his deception.

12. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam did not blame the serpent. Did Satan see that one coming?

Adam should not have blamed any one but himself. I am curious why he did not dig deeper into why he was being treated so nicely by his wife and eating something she offered him.

Paul places all the blame on Adam without justifiable speculation. Was Adam tricked, or did he actually know he was disobeying God?

Siding with Paul, I think Adam ate in direct disobedience. I doubt Adam knew about the conversation Eve had with the serpent, else he could have blamed the serpent instead of his wife. Adam should have known the differences in what fruits were. By that fact alone he would have known it was different and from what tree.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Genesis 3:5-6, ". . . For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat. . . ."

14. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, Satan didn’t eat the fruit. I don’t believe angels/demons are capable of eating or drinking, and certainly have no need to being spiritual beings.

As long as we are speculating, I wonder what snakes looked like before they lost their arms and legs and were forced to crawl in their bellies?

peace to you

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did the serpent have arms and legs?

16. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, God cursed him and said from then on he would crawl on his belly. He must not have been crawling before that so I’m speculating the serpent walked on four legs like a dog or two legs like human beings.

peace to you

17. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    Cows?

A huge dinosaur?

A dragon?

An iguana?

"Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field."

What is the beast of the field? Cows, horses buffalo, deer, prairie dogs, or any wild animals found all around the world?

18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Iguanas already crawl n their belly. I’m thinking something like a velociraptor.Retile walks upright, claws, etc.

peace to you

19. timtofly

Faith:
    Baptist
    It lost it's ability to talk as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You must have missed the “Jungle Book”

The snake tells Mobly “trusssssst in meeeeee, trusssssst in meeeeee”. As his eyes twirl to hypnotize.

peace to you