1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did the DNC RUIN America during their 8-year RUN?!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Dec 20, 2016.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As we come close to sending our eight year President quietly into retirement, and welcome a more defiant President when it comes to taking on the things the left allowed to appear under Executive Actions, I would like to start a discussion as to your individual views on not only did the Democratic leadership ruin America during their eight-year run, but did they actually run it into the ground (with political correctness, racial tension leading to division, unvetted refugees, open borders, DACA-the Dream Act, and the war on cops)?!?!?

Please give actual details to your claims, good or bad. Thanks, and MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!

2. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither of your assertions are correct. However, just watch the next four years and the last eight will look like a golden age.

You put Trump in office. Enjoy your moment, you will have years in which to repent.

I honestly feel that way.

Time will tell.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then perhaps you now realize what most of us felt for the past 8 years, as we watched a country we love carved up into segment after segment by the most inept, devisive, America hating individual yet to occupy the WH.

Did you notice all the riots & safe places required for conservatives when he first took office??? Did you notice all the young Republican college students needing to postpone exams so they could get comfort from their teddy bears?

Put on your big-boy pants (and your D crybaby buddies) and act like an adult for a change!

(If the last eight years ever look like "a golden age", we won't be able to repent -- We'll all be dead!!!!)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And many hated Obama simply because he was the wrong color. It was those hate-filled folk who brought hatred to the fore and split the country further apart. It was shameful how Obama was treated and lied about simply because he was black.

Did you notice those conservatives who threatened civil war if Trump did not win?
    Did you notice that the hate-filled KKK supported Trump?

Yep, put on your big boy pants, open you eyes. Watch the next for years and the disasters Trump will bring about. Any Republican would have been better than Trump. I did not like Hillary and might well have voted for a Republican candidate ... but not for Trump.

That is my fear, that Trump will bring about the death of our country. I am very serious when I say that.

You put him in office. Enjoy your moment. You will have years in which to repent.

5. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that many hated Obama simply because of his color. Unfortunately we live in a world where some people judge others based on the color of their skin. On the flip side, racism also exists when the charge is inflated to represent a substantial portion of those opposed to President Obama's agendas and policies. Many who hated Obama would have voted for other GOP candidates of color, so the charge of racism on such a broad platform is in itself racism.

I do not believe that a Christian will look back at our nation under President Obama's administration as a "golden age". President Trump may prove no better. But in terms of the degradation of the moral fiber of our country, the downgrade of godly values, and the open attacks against Christianity and Christian institutions in our nation President Trump can not be any worse.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Obama is not going away. He has no class and can't take the loss. To him, it's all about him and his legacy.

If Trump keeps his promises on the supreme court and immigration, and reversing a bunch of illegal executive orders, he can repair a lot of the damage Obama did. But the entire establishment, democrats, republicans and the media, will fight him all the way...especially on immigration. A new Speaker of the House might help.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A complete lie. First of all, GW Bush practically destroyed America during his 8 year illegitimate presidency (both elections were manipulated). Now so-called evangelical "Christians" have put into office the most un-Christian candidate ever. Of course, he didn't really win. This election was manipulated by his good friend Putin.

8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Prove it. Who are these many?

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Again none of this is true.

10. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Come on ctb, you know that believers are not supposed to "hate!" I seriously doubt that even if people "hsted"Obama, like you suggest, that this didn't have anything to do with his ruining the country during his presidential run. The color of his skin did not make him a poor POTUS. He was not a good executive. Granted Bush was bad in some ways too. The problem with Obama is simply based upon his community organizer background and his tendancy to be overly politically correct. He PD'd America into ruin. Even Carter was a better leader, and a good man. Obama could have been purple, and he'd still been a bad leader. Sorry, race had nothing to do with his failures as POTUS. History will not be as kind to him as the media was. Shalom!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you seriously doubting that there are many who hate President Obama because of his race? I can't imagine why that would even be in question when we see the backlash of racism against white people because of the color of their skin. It may not be a significant group, and certainly other racists inflate the situation to their advantage (or they try to). But yes, there are many who hate out of racism.

At the election of President Obama, Thomas Robb (the national director of the Ku Klux Klan) posted on his blog and the organization’s website that “every time the television shows an image of Obama it will be a reminder that our people have lost power in this country. The betrayal will stare them in the face each time they watch the news and see little black children playing in the Rose Garden.” (Mr. Robb praises African-American voters for voting in their own self-interest, but he views white voters who voted for Obama as traitors to their race). That organization has also argued that electing a black man as President would serve as an effective recruiting tool. Per the ADL, Mr. Robb represents a group consisting of approximately 5,000 Americans in over 40 different sub-organizations.

Richard Barrett, attorney and Nationalist Movement leader, told the Associated Press during a 2008 interview that he believed the election of a black man to office would create a backlash resulting in a surge of membership growth and white activism.

In terms of racism, white nationals, skinheads and neo-Nazi groups have declined over the past few years. But the KKK and black separatists groups have increased significantly (a 14% increase from 2014 to 2015).

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really the Klu Klux Klan? How many of them are there three?

13. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You truly are unbelievably naive.

14. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    No there are more than three, otherwise I would have used the word "few" (I said "many" meaning more than several). :)

The ADL reported that there were over 40 subsets and hundreds of chapters around the country, with a membership of about 5,000 people. But the ADL also notes that the organization has experienced a surprising resurgence (some now estimate the organization to be approaching 8,000).

Christian Identity (they believe that white people of European decent are the "lost tribes" of ancient Israel) is another group that has been affiliated with both the KKK and neo-Nazi groups. They number over 25,000 (some estimate up to 50,000).

When we look at "hate groups" we have to be careful (the Southern Poverty Law Center lists the American Family Association (AFL) as a hate group for its position on sexuality, and the Tea Party as a hate group for "general hate"...:Cautious ). That's why I've stuck mostly with the KKK here. But I think that we'd be safe to include the skinheads, neo-Nazis, Christian Identity, and the Aryan Nation.

Again, I never made the claim that these people are the majority, or even that they are a substantial minority. I said that there are many racists out there who hate President Obama because he is black. Even if we only considered the KKK, 5,000 to 8,000 is many.

What is interesting is that while the KKK has grown between 2014 and 2015, other white racist groups have declined. But black racist groups have increased in that 14% rise over that year. If you look at racism (to include "hate crimes"), it is on the rise not among white people but with African-American racist groups.

15. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Alright,you, let's lay this hate thing on the line: do you hate Trump, and if so, why? And if you say you don't, and some on this board continually say you do hate him, are you going to just put up with that and keep doing your little ol' thing here?

No. Did you notice so many liars who said they would move out of the country if Trump wins the election? [Were you one of them?]

How is this country gong to die? Historically, the only way that happens is to be taken over by a conqueror, and usually because of weakness from within. Are you talking about a civil war more like that of England, 1649-1660 rather than the American version of north v. south? Well, that worked, but not for very long. In Iran, s similar coup has worked more permanently, but.... and here I know we will disagree-- Republicans in Congress would prevent a dictatorial takeover by one Trump and would not let him become the Shah. But, of course, if Democrats want to be the Puritans with Oliver Cromwell or Ayatolla Khomeini orchestrating a rebellion, much of it is already set in place. But I'll still make a bet with you that it won't work.

There will be no repenting, no matter what happens.Pete Carroll doesn't spend his life these days hating the decision to have Russell Wilson pass near the goal line a couple of Super Bowls ago. That's "second -guessing," and people who want to k ick some butt for the present and future don't do it.

16. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The point was the amount of those who exist like that a so minute they are irrelevant.

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My opinion only. I do not think that the DNC ruined America any more than it did under past Democratic Administrations. If anything, it motivated the Right more than in the recent past...though the argument can be made about the quality of its candidate.

#17 Rolfe, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2016
  18. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mandating transgender bathrooms, common core I could go on but the list is lengthy yes they have succeeded in scorching this country.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every administration has something...

20. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I disagree, this has been the most destructive admin in American history. They have done more to destroy the American nuclear family than anyone else. We Christians need to fight for a return to Biblical families. Failure to do so will destroy this country. You cannot have strong communities without it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1