1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did the King James Version use superior texts?

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by BaptistLady02, Apr 5, 2008.

1. BaptistLady02

BaptistLady02 New Member

Hi everyone. I have read that the King James Version of the Bible used superior texts. Is this true?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Its all opinion. I think the texts behind the KJV are superior, but godly men disagree.

3. Logos1560

Logos1560 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are several English translations that are based on the same original language texts on which the KJV is said to be based. Some examples include the 1560 Geneva Bible, the 1833 revision of the KJV by Noah Webster, the 1842 revision of the KJV by Baptists and others, the NKJV, the Modern KJV, the 1994 KJ21, the 1998 Third Millennium Bible, the KJ2000. The 1560 edition of the Geneva Bible is in print again.

4. BaptistLady02

BaptistLady02 New Member

Cool. I also think that the texts behing the KJV are superior. But as you said, godly men and women do disagree.

Yeah I think I have heard of this before. Thanks! :thumbs:

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a guess, at best, if we don't TRUST GOD to have made His word available to us as HE chose.