1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Did the Virgin mary REALLY Appear At fatima?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Yeshua1, May 31, 2012.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And your point is???
    This gives you the reason and excuse to believe the heresies that aren't recorded???

2. mandym

mandym New Member

Doesn't mean we get to speculate on that or add to scripture.

3. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard as it is to say, and please forgive me for correcting that one bolded line of yours DHK, but..... By doing these things (Hail Mary & The Rosary etc)......you are already COMMITTED to sin. Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

#63 Earth Wind and Fire, Jun 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2012
  4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Here is my understanding. There are two basic biblical principles to remember. First, you know that, as a man, Jesus fulfilled God's law perfectly, including the commandment to honor his father and mother. I have been told that the Hebrew word for honor is 'kaboda', which means 'to glorify'. So Christ honored His mother, Mary, by bestorwing His own divine glory upon her.

The second principle is easier and that is the imitation of Christ. We simply imitate Jesus not just by honoring our own mothers but also by honoring whoever He honors and I think with the same honor that he bestows.

Luke 1:48 says 'Henceforth all generations will call me blessed.' I believe this is what the Rosary does, it fulfils scripture. It is not 'Mary worship'.

5. 33ad

33ad New Member

Luke 1
    28*The angel went to her and said, “Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you

Mary had God in her whomb hence she fulfills the the act of being the new living
    Arch of the covedent

Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with you
    Blessed among women and blessed the fruit of thy womb Jesus
    Holy mary mother of God pray for is sinners know and at the hour of our death

The rosary first started because the average person was trying to memorize all of the phsams and say them everyday and it was to much to also work and have a family using nfp

6. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

I was responding to the statement "if it's not in scripture, then it's not true." Why not read what I say in context, then you might actually GET my point...

WM

7. WestminsterMan

WestminsterMan New Member

Why is the "Apparitions of Mary" add appearing all over Baptist Board? Hmmm....
    Perhaps Mary is trying to tell the administrators something.

WM

8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::wavey:

9. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This is a perversion of Scripture.
    Christ never said those words in the first place, nor was he "of that generation." And he never called Mary "blessed." In fact he rebuked Mary: "Woman, what have I to do with thee!" (John 2)
    He was rebuking her for He knew the time of the beginning of his ministry, not her, and she should not do anything to try and "jumpstart" it. Christ was putting her in her place.

"All woman shall call me blessed." It is an expression of honor. The same thing was said about Deborah, one of the judges. Catholics take this too far.

Mary worship is idolatry. The only one that we are to pray to is God. Any one who is prayed to apart from God is idolatry. For prayer is worship. All prayer is worship. Praying to Mary is worshiping Mary; it is idolatry. It makes the RCC a polytheistic religion.

10. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think it means satan was working to keep people deluded and "in the dark!"

11. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the point is that NO doctrines/practices that are NOT found expressly in the Bible are of/from God!

ONLY the Incarnate Word, Jesus, and His book, the Bible are the true and sure revelation from God!