1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you know that you only need to know how to play 4 chords for most worship songs?

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by annsni, Mar 27, 2017.

1. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

So my daughter saw a video on youtube showing that SO many popular songs are played with just four chords so she started thinking through a lot of the modern worship songs and, low and behold, it is the same!! So for our annual dinner and business meeting, she put some of them together. Sorry about the audio quality - the sound guy didn't do too good a job so listen carefully. :) That is my daughter singing with the three other guys (her boyfriend is the big guy) and then the guy walking across the stage at one point is my husband. These 5 people make up some of the worship team at our campus (hubby will join them when he is not preaching).

Enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. MennoSota

MennoSota Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You may need some contemporvant growdivation as well.

3. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this is very common in gospel music. For example, the song Only Through Grace that I mentioned in another forum is built around three chords -- I, iii and V -- with a couple of others used at a transition point. It is my understanding that most gospel songs are built on the I, IV and V chords.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Covenanter

Covenanter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Three chords and the truth!
    I use the I IV V chords and the tune with my keyboard in chapel organ mode.
    Quite satisfactory for congregational singing.

• Like Like x 2