1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did You Know That .....

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by wpe3bql, Sep 9, 2015.

1. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

..... as of today, September 9, 2015, Queen Elizabeth II is now the longest reigning monarch in the history of the British monarchy.

Having served as Queen for 63 years, she's outlived all other reigning British kings and queens, she has reigned in spite of the many problems within the Royal Family.

To many British, she's been the only reigning monarch they've ever known--at least if you're under age 63.

2. Sue-Ellen

Sue-Ellen Active Member

That is a long time. She has seen a lot and been through a lot in those years.
    There have been many personal family problems but she has always stood strong.

I don't see her giving her reign up anytime soon.

3. looc93

looc93 New Member

Yes! And the people love her. She have seen presidents come and go from all over the world. She lived through history.

4. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25 Member

Wow. I didn't know that. Really interesting fact.

Anyway, I love Queen Elizabeth ii. She seems like a very strong woman. And what I like most about her is she's also a fan of Game of Thrones which is my favorite television show of all time. :)

5. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member

Wow, I wasn't aware of this at all. That's a long time to be reigning monarch. I can only imagine all of the changes she has seen throughout the years.