1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Did you know this about 11 Sep?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Salty, Nov 27, 2020.

1. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No airplane hit Building 7.

A Record of Major High-Rise Fires Worldwide

Check link for complete article.

A Record of Major High-Rise Fires Worldwide

Chris Sarns

March 10, 2020
    This article is a record of major high-rise fires around the world over the past 50 years. As the record shows, neither before nor since 9/11 has a steel-frame, fire-protected high-rise experienced a total collapse due to fire — much less a collapse exhibiting all the features of controlled demolition, as was observed in the destruction of the three World Trade Center skyscrapers on September 11, 2001.

Given that fires have scarcely caused even partial collapses in steel-frame, fire-protected high-rises, and given the rapid, symmetrical, total destruction of the three World Trade Center skyscrapers in one day, it is inexcusable that federal investigators did not make controlled demolition their primary hypothesis early on in the investigation.

This record of major high-rise fires will be updated when future fires occur, and it is not necessarily comprehensive. If you are aware of a major high-rise fire that is not included, please contact us.

2. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On July 28, 1945, a Mitchell B-25 bomber struck the Empire State Bldg. killing the 3 occupants of the plane & 11 people in the bldg. One engine went entirely thru the bldg. landing on the roof of another bldg. in the next block. But the structural integrity of the ESB was not compromised.

This Mitchell's max weight woulda been in the range of 20,000lb. as it carried no payload, and only a partial load of gas. The Boeing 767s used in 9-11 weighed at least 350,000lb & had almost full fuel loads. And also, the 767s were going much-faster. The first plane was going 494 mph; the 2nd at 586 mph. The Mitchell was not going faster than 230 mph.

So the 9-11 attack used much faster, heavier aircraft. It's doubtful that the ESB woulda survived such an attack either.

But we gor revenge, as best we could. Our boys took out a lotta Al-Qaida operatives, including their leader. Paybax were hell.

4. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Over the years, I have considered all these conspiracy theories to be basically just the disgruntled mouthing off!! BUT, the last 4 years of seeing the rabid resistance to Trump from the rinos/left/progs/libs (I repeat myself) I have decided to consider the real possibility that there may be SOME truth to many of the theories.
    IOW, you may tell me something I did not know about the above, BUT you will not tell me anything that surprises me!:mad::mad::mad:

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thing is, the attack brought lotsa pressure on Al Qaeda, leading to the deaths of many of them. While still dangerous, they're now more pests than mortal dangers. Our boys continue to pop caps on them daily; there are no pitched battles now. They provide sniper practice for our forces.