1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Diets and gluttony

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by reformedbeliever, Nov 9, 2006.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Hah! You should see my schedule!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Karen

Karen Active Member

Sorry, corndogggy, for some reason I find that statement just hilarious. :laugh:

If I knew how to add it to the funny quotes thread, I would!

3. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :) I'm glad somebody picked up on that and found some humor... although it was unintentional...

Check out the article below. I've been seeing TONS of stuff like that recently, this is just the latest one I've read. The book "Body by God" kind of opened my eyes to it. You have to wonder why countries such as China who doesn't consume much of any milk at all actually has far less bone problems than we do. There's a reason.

http://www.mercola.com/article/milk/no_milk.htm

As a preview of what you'll see:

"known to be toxic to the liver..."

"promotes heart disease..."

"high nitrite content..." (cancerous)

"largest contributions to food induced ill health in our country..."

"IGF-1 survives milk pasteurization and human intestinal digestion. It can be directly absorbed into the human bloodstream, particularly in infants."

"IGF-1 promotes the transformation of human breast cells to cancerous forms"

"contaminated with a wide range of carcinogens, pesticides, dioxin, and antibiotic residues"

"38% of milk sampled nationally was already contaminated by illegal residues of antibiotics and animal drugs"

"50% chance it is contaminated with antibiotics"

"The majority of the world's population takes in less than half the calcium we are told we need and yet they have strong bones and healthy teeth. "

"Cows' milk is rich in phosphorous which can combine with calcium -- and can prevent you from absorbing the calcium in milk. The milk protein also accelerates calcium excretion from the blood through the kidneys. "

"Cow's milk is the number one allergic food in this country. It has been well documented as a cause in diarrhea, cramps, bloating, gas, gastrointestinal bleeding, iron-deficiency anemia, skin rashes, atherosclerosis, and acne. "

"It is the primary cause of recurrent ear infections in children. It has also been linked to insulin dependent diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, infertility, and leukemia."

"Most people believe they need to consume large, daily quantities of milk to achieve good health. NOTHING could be further from the truth."

Yes, this guy IS a doctor. Scary stuff. Just because something is a traditional, normal food, doesn't mean it's good for you.

#103 corndogggy, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
  4. donnA

donnA Active Member

So you have to ask if praticing medicine without a license is indeed illegal?
    Why are you so angry jumping on people calling them names like lazy? Seems you have bigger problems then losing weight.

5. donnA

donnA Active Member

When I lost 98 pounds the most important thing I learned was I can tell people how I lost weight, and that was all, it has to be up to them to do it, in a way that works for them. Calling people names and assuming they are lazy will encourage no one, harshness never encourages, but exactly the opposite. And comparing others to you and your accomplishments turns people off the message you are attempting to deliver.

6. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do you honestly think that posting easily accessible internet links (that was written by doctors and hosted by clinics who know what they are doing) is practicing medicine?

#106 corndogggy, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
  7. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I personally don't have problems losing weight at all. I've paid my dues and I'm healthy now. I have maybe 5 pounds I could possibly lose, but that's about it. We all have other larger unrelated problems... you included.

8. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

massive heart attack where lost bottom part of heart, 2 bypass heart surgeries, 2 neck arterey surgeries to open them up, a double hernia operation and I exercise 3 times a week 1 and 1/2 hour each time. I burn around 800 calories each time so I don't want to hear any excuses from you all.

Oh, I forgot I am also 67 1/2 years old.

9. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

lol, way to GO Bro Bob!! Thats something to be proud of.

10. corndogggy

corndogggy Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought some of you may be interested in reading this for inspiration:

http://theamazingshrinkingman.spaces.live.com/

A man who "couldn't exercise", was in a wheelchair, on oxygen, weighed nearly 600 pounds... is now entering endurance cycling events after losing 350 pounds.