1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Different Take on John 3:8

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by InTheLight, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could apply to us after being saved, but primary focus seems to be jesus telling Nick that those born from above are done by the power of the Spirit himself, and not thru act of human will exclusively!

2. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You did not have any say in your natural birth... And you do not have any say in your spiritual birth either... The only will involved in either, is the WILL OF GOD!... You did not birth yourself in either!... Brother Glen

#22 tyndale1946, Jul 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 16, 2015
  3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What Jesus was telling Nicodemus was that his spiritual birth was not found in being a child of Abraham.

4. Rebel

Rebel Active Member

Yes, indeed.

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I edited my previous post but to my understanding of scripture natural and spiritual birth we have no say in either. Yet you say not thru act of human will exclusively!... So is their an act we must preform before this happens?... Seem to me a contradiction in scripture... Explain?... Brother Glen

6. SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are reading that wrong, monsieur. The Spirit moves where He is willing, not moving towards those who are willing. By Him moving upon us, it caused us to move towards Him. Man, in his fallen state, has zero desire to move from 'sinful avenue.' He makes us willing just like Your troops will be willing on your day of battle. Arrayed in holy splendor, your young men will come to you like dew from the morning’s womb.[Psa. 110:3]

God moves upon us and then we move towards Him. You are close to Peligianism here, monsieur.