1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Difficult Bible Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Sai, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've read some commentators that say the passage you listed is describing his not having to have qualifications to be a priest as the priests under the law. had.

"No beginning or end" = No age requirements to join or to leave as the Bible gives for Levitical priests. Ages 25 - 50. No earlier no later. Numbers 8:24 - 26

"No mother or father" = No genealogy required as for Levitical priests.

2. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it as it's stated:

" Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." ( Hebrews 7:3 ).

Similar to the angel of the Lord in several passages ( especially in Genesis ), I believe that he appeared to Abraham and disappeared after his appointed time was over, and that he represented Jesus Christ, the Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.:)

#22 Dave G, Jul 11, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2020
  3. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

This may help out in understanding who the Nephilim are.

4. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Thx MF but I’m good

5. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He had a beginning, but to fully contrast the mosaic law and strict requirements of the priesthood’s lineage, the Melchizedekian Priesthood does not require ancestral lineage. Melchizedek like Job was an example of non Hebrew believers of Abe’s day. Melchizedek honors Abe and essentially passes the torch from Noah to Abe as he recognized the promised seed son would come they Abraham. Shem lived 500 years after the flood. Mel would’ve been associated with this group of post flood believers.

6. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, if you're not interested in conversing . . .

7. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Half angel half human - Gigantes - Nephalim. Peter, Jude both point to the sin of these fallen angels as fornicatin. What’s to discuss? You disagree? Fine, you have the right to be wrong. It’s called freedom. I’m fully convinced of my position and don’t have any doubts.

8. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Furthermore, current Jewish practice says that sabbath begins on Friday Eve.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can God produce children of Abraham from stones? Where in scripture does it show how he actually does this?

#29 1689Dave, Jul 12, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2020
  10. MartyF

MartyF Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, what you're saying is that you're not interested in exchanging ideas with others. After all, God has blessed you with perfect wisdom and intelligence. Your special revelations from God are beyond reproach and therefore discussion is a worthless exercise. Anyone who has a different idea much less disagrees with you is obviously destined to hell and not worth your time. You are a blessing to anyone whom you grace with your wisdom and knowledge.

Got it.

11. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never seen anywhere in God's word that He did, Dave...
    But it does say that He is able to.

" And think not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to [our] father: for I say unto you, that God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham." ( Matthew 3:9 )

12. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think of it this way Dave. The broken rocks became knives used for circumcision. Circumcision made one the covenant seed of Abraham.

13. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because both things are what happend and so are true.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take another look:

" without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.
    Now consider how great this man [was], unto whom even the patriarch Abraham gave the tenth of the spoils."
    ( Hebrews 7:3-4 ).

" Neither having beginning of days nor end of life..."

" And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
    16 who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life.
    17 For he testifieth, Thou [art] a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec."
    ( Hebrews 7:15 ).

An Old Testament " type of Christ"?;)

15. atpollard

atpollard Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    [Matthew 28:1-7 NASB] 1 Now after the Sabbath, as it began to dawn toward the first [day] of the week, Mary Magdalene and the other Mary came to look at the grave. 2 And behold, a severe earthquake had occurred, for an angel of the Lord descended from heaven and came and rolled away the stone and sat upon it. 3 And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow. 4 The guards shook for fear of him and became like dead men. 5 The angel said to the women, "Do not be afraid; for I know that you are looking for Jesus who has been crucified. 6 "He is not here, for He has risen, just as He said. Come, see the place where He was lying. 7 "Go quickly and tell His disciples that He has risen from the dead; and behold, He is going ahead of you into Galilee, there you will see Him; behold, I have told you."

[Mark 16:1-8 NASB] 1 When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the [mother] of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him. 2 Very early on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. 3 They were saying to one another, "Who will roll away the stone for us from the entrance of the tomb?" 4 Looking up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away, although it was extremely large. 5 Entering the tomb, they saw a young man sitting at the right, wearing a white robe; and they were amazed. 6 And he said to them, "Do not be amazed; you are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who has been crucified. He has risen; He is not here; behold, [here is] the place where they laid Him. 7 "But go, tell His disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you to Galilee; there you will see Him, just as He told you.'" 8 They went out and fled from the tomb, for trembling and astonishment had gripped them; and they said nothing to anyone, for they were afraid.

[Luke 24:1-9 NASB] 1 But on the first day of the week, at early dawn, they came to the tomb bringing the spices which they had prepared. 2 And they found the stone rolled away from the tomb, 3 but when they entered, they did not find the body of the Lord Jesus. 4 While they were perplexed about this, behold, two men suddenly stood near them in dazzling clothing; 5 and as [the women] were terrified and bowed their faces to the ground, [the men] said to them, "Why do you seek the living One among the dead? 6 "He is not here, but He has risen. Remember how He spoke to you while He was still in Galilee, 7 saying that the Son of Man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again." 8 And they remembered His words, 9 and returned from the tomb and reported all these things to the eleven and to all the rest.

[John 20:1-18 NASB] 1 Now on the first [day] of the week Mary Magdalene came early to the tomb, while it was still dark, and saw the stone [already] taken away from the tomb. 2 So she ran and came to Simon Peter and to the other disciple whom Jesus loved, and said to them, "They have taken away the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know where they have laid Him." 3 So Peter and the other disciple went forth, and they were going to the tomb. 4 The two were running together; and the other disciple ran ahead faster than Peter and came to the tomb first; 5 and stooping and looking in, he saw the linen wrappings lying [there;] but he did not go in. 6 And so Simon Peter also came, following him, and entered the tomb; and he saw the linen wrappings lying [there,] 7 and the face-cloth which had been on His head, not lying with the linen wrappings, but rolled up in a place by itself. 8 So the other disciple who had first come to the tomb then also entered, and he saw and believed. 9 For as yet they did not understand the Scripture, that He must rise again from the dead. 10 So the disciples went away again to their own homes. 11 But Mary was standing outside the tomb weeping; and so, as she wept, she stooped and looked into the tomb; 12 and she saw two angels in white sitting, one at the head and one at the feet, where the body of Jesus had been lying. 13 And they said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping?" She said to them, "Because they have taken away my Lord, and I do not know where they have laid Him." 14 When she had said this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing [there,] and did not know that it was Jesus. 15 Jesus said to her, "Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?" Supposing Him to be the gardener, she said to Him, "Sir, if you have carried Him away, tell me where you have laid Him, and I will take Him away." 16 Jesus said to her, "Mary!" She turned and said to Him in Hebrew, "Rabboni!" (which means, Teacher). 17 Jesus said to her, "Stop clinging to Me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I ascend to My Father and your Father, and My God and your God.'" 18 Mary Magdalene came, announcing to the disciples, "I have seen the Lord," and [that] He had said these things to her.

If you are going to correct me by straining gnats (Saturday Night pre-dawn or Sunday Morning at dawn) and swallowing camels (one or two angels), would you at least be correct in your correction. ;)

16. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You do know that Angels do not procreate right?

Certainly not w humans right?

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Says who? Just because they don’t need to does not mean they have the capacity to do so. Furthermore, we are not talking about good angels in heaven but fallen ones. Every time an angel appears it is as a young man. They don’t need to eat but they do. The book of Jude points to their fornicatin as reason for Tartarus as their current abode.

18. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Learn your error of Jewish time first then you will learn why there are different accounts.

19. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The endless life referring to the Melchizedekian Priesthood in contradistinction with the now inoperative Mosaic Priesthood which was based on lineage and was temporal.
    Again, Melchizedek was human, “like unto” the son of God makes him not the Son of God but another person. Moses did not author the book of Genesis he was not alive, he merely edited existing documents handed down from Adam’s day to Melchizedek’s day to Abraham’s day. Unlike Noah where he alone with his family believed, Melchizedek was the priest of the believers that followed God after the flood.

20. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Amen

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.