1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Difficult Bible Questions

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Sai, Jul 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1689Dave

1689Dave Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    They are no longer biblical "Jews" but gentiles since Christ abolished circumcision. All of the promises (they forfeited) are yes in Christ (if he turns them into believers).

2. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    Paul says they are under wrath until the end of the world. If you help them, are you helping Satan? And suffer along with them in God's wrath?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  3. 1689Dave

Faith:
    Baptist
    “forbidding us to speak to the nations that they might be saved, to fill up their sins always, but the anger did come upon them—to the end!” 1 Thessalonians 2:16 (YLT)

4. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The book of Galatians was written at a time when Paul was being gaslighted by unsaved judaizers who since the new faith was a sect of Judaism, wanted to take the group under its control. By forcing followers of Yeshua to become circumcised that would have brought the believers under the control of the Sanhedrin because they would have insisted Torah observance.

In Acts 15 Paul takes Titus to Jerusalem as a test case to see if perhaps he was teaching an error. Upon leaving the elders in Jerusalem Paul is told that his gospel was identical to theirs and that circumcision was not mandatory in order to follow Christ. Therefore he leaves Titus a gentile, uncircumcised. Timothy was half Jewish and chose to identify with his Jewish side thus Paul circumcised Timothy but not Titus?

5. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The reason for this is simple; The Abrahamic Covenant was still in effect for the Jews even if they became church members. The token of the Abrahamic Covenant is circumcision. Although the Mosaic Covenant required circumcision, the token of the law was the sabbath not circumcision. Timothy a Jewish believer was circumcised in obedience to the command of the Abrahamic Covenant.

6. Derf B

Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The other part of this is that one witness might have seen the body with guts asunder, while the other noticed the rope and the branch with the rope remnant on it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Derf B

Derf B Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    His name is similar to another king of Salem (or Jerusalem) when the Israelites came up from Egypt to take Canaan. "Adonizedek", which means "the Lord is Righteous", or something like that.

Remember that God gave the Canaanites 400 years to repent, and they instead went the other way. If Adonizedek was either descended from Melchizedek, or his line became kings after, his response to the incoming Israelites was not near the same as Melchizedek's response to Abraham.

8. Alofa Atu

Alofa Atu Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Where are the difficult Bible questions? What was the purpose of this thread? Merely to pose doubt about God's perfectly inspired and preserved words? Does the author of the OP actually think there are real contradictions in the Bible (KJB)?

9. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have to be saved first

10. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Is there a Hebrew word for sex?

11. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I assume by "you" 'you' meant me, and thus, I conclude that 'you' think I am not "saved"? If so, what evidence led 'you' to this 'conclusion'?

12. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Depends on what you mean by the word "sex".

Do you mean the English word and definition of gender, of male to female?

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.​

Do you mean the Latin word for the number 6:

Gen 1:31 And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Gen 1:31 viditque Deus cuncta quae fecit et erant valde bona et factum est vespere et mane dies sextus​

Do you mean the word for martial, and extra-marital (outside of marriage) relations between persons?

Gen_4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.​

13. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    If you died today and God asked you why you should go to heaven what would you say?

14. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The answer is no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I didn't die today, and I don't play silly "what if" games, and secondly, people when they die don't go straight to Heaven, they return to dust and await their respective resurrection. God promised in His word, and I "Amen" His word.

16. Alofa Atu

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I think you are grossly (that is to say dismally and woefully) ignorant of scripture (KJB).

17. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The saved depart from their bodies to go either to heaven with Jesus, while the lost go to Hades awaiting final judgement!

18. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I understand that the Samoan psych is to reverence their elders especially parents and religious leaders. Sadly you have been indoctrinated by the Seventh Day Advent Church who at one time taught that not going to church on Saturday would lose one’s salvation. That is why it is viewed as a cult because no where in scripture does it teach this, it was an invention of the SDA.

This simple question would’ve answered your question of if I were speaking about your salvation, I was. Unless you can prove to me that you are saved I have to reject you as a co-believer.

The sad reality is that many parents die unsaved. As much as we loved them we must put God above them.

19. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The word for sex in Hebrew is ahavah which is the Hebrew word for love. There are words for fornicatin and adultery but there is no Hebrew word for sex because it is viewed as the love action between the husband and wife (or wives) being understood as “knowing” each other.

20. Sai

Sai Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Any last final questions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.