1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Digital Hymnal

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Paladin, Sep 19, 2005.

1. Paladin

Paladin New Member

Does anyone on the board have experience with the digital hymnal machine linked below? Our soon to be supply pastor recommended it to me and I need some reviews. We have limited funds and even more limited musical assets, people to lead and musicians.

http://www.digitalhymnal.net/

2. steveo

steveo New Member

I checked into it for our church but instead bought a set of 7 cds with a bunch of hymns without vocals. When our piano player isn't there we use them. They sound almost as good as the real thing. They were about $75 I think, but I can't remember the website that puts them out.

3. steveo

steveo New Member

By the way, I never heard the digital hymnal but one of the members told me something about there not being intros to the songs. I do know the piano cds have intros just like your piano player would play to key you in. Something to check out, since I'm not sure.
    If your interested, pm me and I will get you the name.

4. jshurley04

jshurley04 New Member

It does look extensive, but I have never used it. In the position of not having live music, I prefer CD's from www.spin360.com and have used them and enjoy them. They mix old and new styles.

5. Gayla

Gayla New Member

Faith Music Misions has some CDs for congregational singing. Have never heard them, so don't know any details.

www.faithmusicmissions.com