1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Digital Picture Questions

Discussion in 'Computers & Technology Forum' started by Andy T., Nov 27, 2007.

1. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

1. What is the best service to develop digital pictures? I have been recommended Walmart.com and Snapfish.com. Any others? Any great deals out there if you have a ton of pictures?

2. What is the best website service to post your digital pictures for your friends and family to peruse?

Thanks for any info.

2. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I assume you mean having film developed and turned into digital. You can do the service aspect or you could just get them developed and buy a cheap scanner and scan them into digital yourself.

As to sharing pics our family usually just emails one or two now and then, then once a year send everyone a cd with the whole bunch.

You could also set up your own website and post them online or as you suggest use some of the online methods.

Read the fine print on snap fish and others, there are costs involved down the line if you continue to use their service. I think it is when the viewers what to start storing pics on the site.

3. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

Actually, I meant the other way around - developing digital pictures into prints. My wife loves to scrapbook and I have about 500 digital pictures just sitting on the computer - she has given me an ultimatum to get them developed and printed or else!

Thanks for the info.

4. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check prices on services then prices on photo printers. Printer might be cheaper since they are so inexpensive. Then again I'd see if there isn't some software to make digital scrapbooks and let here have at it without the printing. Google scrapbook software.

Try a look at this one. http://scrapbooking-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

#4 exscentric, Nov 27, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2007
  5. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I just use my printer and some photo paper to print my digital pictures.

Then I can scrapbook them, send them to people via snail mail or whatever.

I use Kodak EasyShare to make online albums that people can view. They will also print your pictures for you. I believe it is 6ยข a picture, but don't quote me. I've never used that function.

6. Gayla

Gayla New Member

I'd be sure to put them on CDs as a back up.

You can take the CD to the Wal-Mart Photo Center and print some. I think it was 19 cents a print last time I did that.

Or if you want lots of pics at once, try the Kodak site if it's less expensive.

7. kubel

kubel New Member

Snapfish / Walgreens.

I use a home printer since it's convenient and I don't take many pictures, but it's more expensive in the long run.

If you want more professional prints (like for wedding pictures), you might want to search for professional photo/print labs in your area (not walgreens, walmart, etc...).

8. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

I use Walmart. I just received back some done via mail this time. They turned out lousy compared to in store.