1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dinasaurs & such

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pine_Island_Mrs, Oct 16, 2004.

1. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

Would someone please explain the "prehistoric age", etc to me in relation to the story of creation? I've heard it said the the 6 days of creation were really more than 6 days. Really?

2. Pine_Island_Mrs

Pine_Island_Mrs New Member

Thanks Diane for the re-direction. I am new here and still learning my way around.

3. USN2Pulpit

USN2Pulpit New Member

Big subject here. And it depends on your point of view. If you take the Bible as God's Word, literally correct in every way, then six days is just that - six days.

There are other creationists that believe the six days actually refer to ages with an undetermined amount of time assigned to each - in other words saying God used evolutionary and naturalistic processes to create rather than just breathing His will and Word.

4. Artimaeus

Artimaeus Active Member

Literal Adam, literal Eve, and literal 6 days.

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

something that a lot of people over look is that dinosaurs origanl diet did not include meat, but all ate plants, and vegitation (Genesis 1:29-30)There was no death untill man sinned.Ken Ham puts out an excellent video titled "Dinosaurs, Missionary lizards to the lost world!" and gets into great depth about Dinosaurs, and how they fit into creation. or check out: Answers in Genesis ministries

6. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Click in this link; http://www.drdino.com/Downloads/Seminar/mp3/index.jsp
    This is one of the best teaching I know of and it is free witrhout any copy right which I feel every bible teaching and preaching should be. I am convinbced that money has corrupted most preachers today so they use copy rights to bank role their preachings, but this man does not and does an exellent job with this teaching.

7. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Dr. Kent Hovind, thats the guy I was trying to remember, he has an excellent explannation, actuly the two go hand in hand, Ken Ham, and Dr. Hovind, pretty much say the same thing, and are both uncopyrighted, it is a great subject to study, and has more truth than anything you can, or will learn in any school.

8. Rooster

Rooster New Member

also check out the Jack Chick tracts that Dr. Kent Hovind sells on his web site [​IMG]

9. Sularis

Sularis Member

Has anyone noticed in the original Hebrew that the only time the word day as translated in Genesis 1 is clearly translated that way is in Genesis 1? and that that translation is not the primary meaning

Im not arguing billions of years doesnt make sense astronomically; but hey a literal 6 days 6 nights is an equal possibility with God - its just interesting to note that the word yowm/yome

10. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Personally, I am one of those creationists that believe that the dinosaurs all lived and died millions of years before Adam was created. Why did the dinosaurs die before Adam sinned? We believe that the dinosaurs lived in an earlier creation that, for reasons the Bible does not mention, became formless and void.

1. In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

[And He created, among other things, dinosaurs and many other creatures that are now extinct but who left fossil remains for us to ponder. This creation was destroyed, perhaps my a huge meteor that struck the Yucatan peninsula]

2. The earth was formless and void, and darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was moving over the surface of the waters.

This view is not out of harmony with either science or the Bible, and it does not make Christians look like early hominids.

[​IMG]

11. Rooster

Rooster New Member

If that were true than why does the Bible mention dinosaurs?

12. Craigbythesea

"And the dinosaurs roamed the land." Exasperations 6:66 (MMV, 2004) :D

[​IMG]

13. Rooster

Rooster New Member

In the Bible, in Job 40:15-24, God describes to Job (who lived after the Flood) a great beast with which Job was familiar. This great animal, called 'behemoth,' is described as 'the chief of the ways of God,' perhaps the biggest land animal God had created. Impressively, he moved his tail like a cedar tree! Although some Bible commentaries say this may have been an elephant or hippopotamus, the description actually fits that of a dinosaur like Brachiosaurus. Elephants and hippos certainly do not have tails like cedar trees!

Actually, very few animals are singled out in the Bible for such a detailed description. Contrary to what many may think, what we know now as dinosaurs get more mention in the Scriptures than most animals! So dinosaurs—all the different kinds—must have lived alongside of people after the Flood.
    Interestingly, the word 'dragon' is used a number of times in the Old Testament. In most instances, the word dinosaur could substitute for dragon and it would fit very nicely. Creation scientists believe that dinosaurs were called dragons before the word dinosaur was invented in the 1800s. We would not expect to find the word dinosaur in Bibles like the Authorized Version (1611), as it was translated well before the word dinosaur was ever usedAt the time of the Flood, many of the sea creatures died, but some survived. In addition, all of the land creatures outside the Ark died, but the representatives of all the kinds that survived on the Ark lived in the new world after the Flood. Those land animals (including dinosaurs) found the new world to be much different than the one before the Flood. Due to (1) competition for food that was no longer in abundance, (2) other catastrophes, (3) man killing for food (and perhaps for fun), and (4) the destruction of habitats, etc., many species of animals eventually died out. The group of animals we now call dinosaurs just happened to die out too. In fact, quite a number of animals be come extinct each year. Extinction seems to be the rule in Earth history (not the formation of new types of animals as you would expect from evolution).

14. Craigbythesea

Amongst the animals on the Ark that gave my family and me the greatest delight was the pair of Tyrannosaurus Rex. Most unfortunately, however, they ate all the other animals aboard the Ark with the sole exception of the unicorns. Had we not weighed anchor the hour that we did, not only would the unicorns have perished, but my family and I as well. My family and I, for the next several days, busied ourselves with breeding the Tyrannosaurus Rex with the unicorns so that we could hybridize them and repopulate the earth with lions and tigers and all the others animals consumed by our hungry friends.
    Book of Noah: 6:66-69 (MMV, 2004)

[​IMG]

15. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

It has always been my understanding that dinasaurs are just really big lizards!!! It's a fact that lizards grow as long as they are alive. Before the flood, men (and animals) lived much longer than normal. After the flood, they didn't live as long, therefore the lizards stopped growing into dinasaurs. So, the dinasaurs were animals that lived during man's time, and did not actually become exctinct, but they just don't get that big anymore.....

16. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Good answer!
    You get an 'A' for doing your home work!
    Since the flood there have been many, many reported sightings of these huge animals. Some would like to debunk them and say that they are myth, but who can say for sure?
    Loch Ness comes to mind.
    Anyway, I for one, am a 6-day man. Therefore; since we have fossils or PARTS of fossilized bones of these animals, they must have lived alongside man and still do. One must remember when discussing this topic that the pre-flood environment was radically different than what we see now. Also one must admit that we have not even completely found ALL the KNOWN species of animals even in our modern world. You need only reference the continual discoveries in the Amazonian jungles (no specifics come to mind just now) to see that this is true.
    No... for one to glibly dismiss dinosaurs living with man; as one other poster in this thread has done; one must be completely close minded, or indoctrinated into the 'gap theory'.
    Joyfulkeeperathome; your answer is the most plausible and the most accurate. I heartily agree. AMEN!
    In His service;
    Jim

17. Craigbythesea

:D :D :D :D :D :D

You do have a sense of humor!!! You are just joking, are you not?

Anyone who believes that the desert iguana (Dipsosaurus dorsalis) could eventually grow up to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex by feeding it Miracle-Grow, Gatoraid, and a high-potency vitamin B complex has watched too many episodes of the Twilight Zone! For a desert iguana to grow up to be a Tyrannosaurus Rex is even more impossible than for a house cat (Felix domesticus) to grow up to be an African Lion (Panthera leo). :eek:

[​IMG]

18. Craigbythesea

Watching old black and white re-runs of the Twilight Zone on television comes a bit short of studying biology, geology, and microgenetics. I know this for a fact, because I have done both.

[​IMG]

19. Craigbythesea

The mere fact we have fossils of animals does NOT mean that those animals lived at the same time that man has lived on the earth, and even less that they still exist. Anyone who believes that a Tyrannosaurus rex or a Brachiosaurus altithorax might someday be found in the Amazon Basin knows less about the Amazon Basin than my two-year-old grandson knows about quantum mechanics. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

20. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Craig;
    Quick! Call the "ENQUIRER" You have a 2-year old prodigy!
    Any 2-yr old who can master quantum mechanics should be in the NASA program.
    Why are you keeping him hidden from the rest of humanity when we all NEED him so?
    [​IMG]
    In His service;
    Jim