1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dinasaurs & such

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Pine_Island_Mrs, Oct 16, 2004.

1. MNJacob

MNJacob Member

If I may be so kind, another explanation is that Noah took two of each kind onto the Ark. If I were he, I would have definitely taken two of the smallest kind of dinosaur that I could find.

[​IMG]

2. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Jim,

Are you suggesting that you have mastered the fauna and ecology of the Amazon Basin to the same extent that my two-year-old grandson has mastered quantum mechanics? Here is a brief quote from the abstract of an article he wrote that was published last month in the American Journal of Astrophysics:

qibpmnlkbnoi[aqrkdfou0945qpomv,mco[59afg,jjcljsoitrgpjqplkjsk mgwus d9ljt09qoefa[ eir0ijgljasrkaljtg9ifsdiourtqkgjfdh[toasdkutqokjfdiaktoiwu6qkdgksjfdoaixjslfk’ajdsutyqa]ro3e[ot0iwpodtgy[alhpkajfasortfa’sgkre0olrflakfijweiutqa[sflalgjqujldsksgkqlfmgsmngalkdfsadk gjwitr]a,;lasdgklkasjpotrks;ldxjgkaf;ja’pokafjagskajsogikpoajsgfkglhjaskfkajtgekkatj4ekfgoierirpajoi4eipoae’pyfjeiyte

[​IMG]

3. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

craig;
    Makes perfect sense to me! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Fuuuunnnnneeee guy!
    In His service;
    Jim

4. Craigbythesea

Thanks a lot :eek: ! Now I have to upgrade the security on my computer before by grandson reads your post and gets his hopes up for winning the Nobel Prize in physics! :D

[​IMG]

5. Rooster

Rooster New Member

That is most likly the case, how ever if God wanted adult t-rex on the ship, who am I to say God didn't tame the t-rex for the 40 days? Daniel was thrown into the Lions den, and God tamed the Lions, nothing is out of reach for God.

6. joyfulkeeperathome

joyfulkeeperathome New Member

No, I am most certainly not joking. And I never implied that we could grow a lizard into a dinasaur by feeding it gatorade and miracle-gro. That's ridiculous!!! I just stated what I believed to be the correct answer and the one that makes the most sense to me. It was a different time back before the flood. People lived much longer, why wouldn't the animals??? And true to my theory, I don't believe that Noah took grown T-rex on the arc due to space confinements...however, I could be wrong....God is the God of the impossible.

7. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well said!! Most of the time we say that, but don't live it.

8. Craigbythesea

God has set limits upon himself. For example, He can not lie, cheat, or steal. And I don’t believe that He can do the foolish, ridiculous, or the absurd, for it would be very much out of his character to do so.

[​IMG]

[ October 19, 2004, 11:08 PM: Message edited by: Craigbythesea ]

9. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    joyfulkeeperathome said:

No, that is many years out of date. Lizards are cold blooded, which means their metabolism depends on the environment. Some dinosaurs are believed to have been warm blooded, just as mammals and birds are today.

Even among the dinosaurs that are thought to have been cold blooded, they do not share a lizard physiology, especially the splay-legged gait that we see in lizards and would have been impossible for a creature the size, of say, the allosaurs.

And, of course, there are reptiles and then there are reptiles. For example, the crocodilians have a three-chamber heart, unlike the run-of-the-mill reptiles that have two-chamber heart.

10. Rooster

Rooster New Member

that is why your theory of dinosaurs doen't fly.

11. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

And what about the feathers? Some dinosaurs had feathers. Where are the modern shrimpy versions of lizards with feathers?

12. Rooster

Rooster New Member

Good point Paul, the answer is...exstinct thats where, if evolution is real than why are animals becoming extinct instead of evolving? Do I win the booby prize?

13. Craigbythesea

Sorry :( ! The process of natural selection has its limitations. When ecosystems are suddenly destroyed there is no time for natural selection to preserve the species that were dependent upon that ecosystem, and consequently extinction of those species is often inevitable. The ecosystems that most of the dinosaurs were dependent upon were suddenly destroyed, probably by the a very large meteor that hit the earth in the Yucatan Peninsula and threw so much debris into the air that the sun was not able to shine through it in sufficient amounts to allow the ecosystems upon which most of the dinosaurs were dependent to survive.

Nice try, though! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Rooster

Rooster New Member

or a great flood ;)

15. Craigbythesea

There is no evidence for such a flood prior to the time of Noah. [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Rooster

Rooster New Member

There is no evedince of dinosuars before creation either. [​IMG] [​IMG] :D

17. Craigbythesea

18. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The SAME evidence is there for all to see. The only true difference is that some people want to believe what "man" (science) says about the evidence, while others prefer to just take God at His word about the past.

Me? I'll trust God's word over mans when there is a difference.

19. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

AMEN!!!JWP

In His service;
    Jim

20. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

The 6 days of creation are the epic summary of creation by catagory as originally understood by men prior to the rise of science. While it is not feasible to reconcile the known facts of creation with this narrative interpreted literally, it is certainly possible to understand them as being quite true, when interpreted in a non literal fashion. All that is necessary is to consider the days as being symbolic of long ages and to realize that these long ages are not presented in the literal order they came in.

But unfortunately there are a great many who have hardened their hearts and minds into opposition to the findings of modern science. They think they are serving God to do this; whereas others including myself feel they are in truth asking men to choose between intellectual or spiritual integrety. That is, of course, a false dichotomy.