1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dinner With Senator Obama

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Mar 24, 2008.

1. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

I don't think Obama could afford to feed Rush. :laugh:

2. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

A point worth noting is that Obama didn't make the comments - the preacher did.

3. Hopeful

Hopeful New Member

SURE he's paying.....:laugh:

OH, but here's a thing related to what you said about Clinton and W and Obama and how they're "different" in one-on-one than they are in crowds.....My sister met Al Gore when he and Clinton were campaigning the first time around .....she said he is EXACTLY the same one-on-one as he is in front of a crowd--very stiff and BORING--and she voted for the guy! :laugh:

4. TomVols

TomVols New Member

I know how Gore is one-on-one. Met him on several occasions and knew some of his staffers. He tries hard to be engaging. He just trips over himself sometimes.

As for Ken's Dittohead statement: it would be interesting if Obama would meet with those whom he disagrees with and hear their side. Isn't he supposed to be a uniter? :laugh: But then again, I wouldn't want to have to foot the dinner check for a dittohead :thumbs:

Seriously, I would like to see Obama sit down with some undecideds. Let him make his case. Let him hear from people who aren't going to be preaching to the choir.