1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dinosaurs and humans

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jonathan.borland, May 14, 2012.

1. jonathan.borland

jonathan.borland Active Member

Is there a good explanation why human fossils are generally not found in the same layers as the dinosaur fossils? Certainly not all humans would have escaped the mighty torrents only long enough for their rotting corpses floating on the oceantop to be eaten by flesh-eating fouls, would they? Is they any more evidence than a supposed but disputed human footprint beside a dinosaur footprint?

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Do you have any accurate documentation that the human footprint within a dinosaur's footprint has proven to be, as you say, "disputed"?

3. jonathan.borland

It would be helpful to have some "verification" from a non-Creationist in academia to verify the footprint fossils. Besides, I'm wondering why there doesn't appear to be the amount of indisputable evidence as there should be.

4. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm not dogmatic about this and I'm not necessarily a YEC defender, but I do believe - my opinion only - that dinosaurs and humans were contemporaries.

Why aren't their remains found in contemporary strata?

I don't know. This is what I do know however. When we are speaking of fossils in general - dinosaur, human, mammal, and other reptile fossils make up such a small percentage of known fossils. Like, less than 2% - 3%. Someone a lot smarter than me said, "a lack of evidence doesn't mean the evidence of lack."

Here's the only other thing that I know.

Archaeology and anthropology - in terms of looking at cultural artifacts of man - have MUCH evidence that ancient peoples actually saw, interacted with, and were inspired to create art based on their interactions with dinosaurs and pterasaurs.

This link is really fascinating and I have to wonder why is none of this in our history books or science books?

http://www.genesispark.com/exhibits/evidence/historical/ancient/dinosaur/

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Within the last few years, a reputable scientist discovered tissue in a T-Rex bone. She immediately asked other scientists for independent verification. A large number of responses indicated that the scientific community believed she was playing a hoax on them. Most scientists who rejected her request did so based on the "conventional wisdom" that T-Rex's died out so long ago, all tissue *must* have fossilized; so therefore, her results were negated before even being examined. Most looked at her findings and claimed the samples must have been corrupted. One scientist refused to even review her initial findings because "it isn't possible."

You ask why there isn't more indisputable proof? Because science has made up its mind that things are a certain way, and there is no room for any other explanation.

6. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well put. Whenever someone presents radically difficult and challenging evidence - or even possible evidence - it is all too often judged by the established traditional paradigm rather than rational analysis.

Christians are often the same way. For them I would repeat my first paragraph, changing only the last phrase to "Biblical analysis".

7. Havensdad

Havensdad New Member

There has, of course, been human remains and dinosaur remains found together. It does not get any attention, because those who find such dismiss it as a geological anomaly..., even when, as is the case in several of the layers at the Grand Canyon, the lower levels are "dated" YOUNGER than the upper layers.

Also, little to nothing is known about dinosaurs internal organs. It could well be that their density caused them to sink, rather than float.

8. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

9. jonathan.borland

Good points, all. Heaven's Dad, are there links to the finds you mentioned?

10. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

But what about the Flintstones?? They lived and worked with dinosaurs, didnt they??

Oh yeah, they also were having "a gay old time" so I guess that nixes their credibility, doesn't it!! :tear:

11. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a good explanation as to why the remains of over (likely) 10 million humans that died in the Flood, and died within a relatively concentrated area, have never been found?

12. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe the dinosaurs were bone-eaters and nobody knew it.

13. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

LOL,

But wait maybe this is a good arguement? Never thought of that. :thumbs: No wait then we wouldn't have their bones either. Oh well!!!:smilewinkgrin:

14. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, there are MANY contemprary accounts in history, such as in writtings of marco polo and historians that referenced humans interacting with modern day flying lizards and other things sounding like modern dinosaurs!

know that a Young earth accounts for dinosaurs being able to interact with humans uo to pretty recent times, does Old earth?

15. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

No, I do not think there are any (or many) OE folks like myself that feel convinced that humans and dinosaurs interacted. Although, I think if you look hard enough, one can find some.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Yes? And there are hundreds of people today who have seen flying saucers. Some have even been taken for a ride.

Then there was the woman taken to Heaven and Hell?????

http://azerworks.blogspot.com/2011/03/dead-for-23hours-taken-to-heaven-hell.html

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    just stating that many reputable historical accounts did record dinosaur like creatures in past, in the past several centuries...

And dsince there was the great Flood, why would there NOT ahd been some dinosaurs surviving into modern age?

18. HeirofSalvation

HeirofSalvation Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What!!!! You are comparing the two??? sightings by respected sources such as Marco Polo or this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Daedalus_(1826) vs. the illiterate testimonies of flying saucers by trailer-park mouth-breathing illiterates?? Captains in the British Navy, at the height of its power and influence DID NOT try to ruin their own careers by filling in their log-books with non-sense.

Are you unable to distinguish between the two?

#18 HeirofSalvation, May 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2012
  19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Think that hose hold to more of an Evolutionary history time line have a vested interest in denying dinosaurs into modern era!