1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Dinosaurs!!! What happened to them??

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Jul 11, 2006.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I know that in the book of Job there is a mention of a specific species that many compare them to Dinosaurs. Where did the Dinosaurs Go???

2. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Well the simplest answer is they died off. Most say because of the climatic changes that were brought on by the flood.

3. gekko

gekko New Member

they got hunted down for food.

i believe it is possible that some smaller dinosaur type animals are still alive today. but there's not absolute proof of that yet.

the ones you talk about... the behemoth. seems to me like a brachiosaurus or something.

then theres the leviathan. the fire breathing dragon.

:)

i dont think they died in the flood... i mean... what part of "take two of each" do people not understand? and the drawings of dinosaur type animals on the walls of babylon. etc.

4. rbell

rbell Active Member

[​IMG]

any questions?

5. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

Now that's just :laugh:

6. genesis12

genesis12 Member

Lots of them have been uncovered in Oklahoma, Texas, the Dakotas, the tar pits in Los Angeles ... all deposited there by the flood.

7. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

That Farside was my very first thought too! :laugh:

rbell, I don't whether I should be afraid of thinking like you, or if you should be afraid of thinking like me. :smilewinkgrin:

8. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

La Brea Tar pits? Those are kinda recent to have dinosaurs in them.

Got any sources for that?

9. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

What happened to them?

They died.

When did they die?

We could debate that forever. I would say, based on the evidence at hand, some time before Genesis 1:2b.

10. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God destroyed them in the flood

11. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I thought they were hanging out by the river??? I was just down there baptizing and remember siing Barney when I left.

Hope of Glory = Genesis 1:2b = gap theory???

12. gekko

gekko New Member

oh my people.

what dont you understand about "And of every living thing of all flesh, two of every sort shalt thou bring into the ark, to keep them alive with thee; they shall be male and female. of fowls after their kind, and of cattle after their kind, of every creeping thing of the earth after his kind, two of every sort shall come unto thee, to keep them alive."

what part of that dont you get? dinosaurs were on the ark. and were on land after the ark.

making any sense yet?

13. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

If you want to call it that. There's not a gap, per say, it's just that the Bible establishes certain things and then deals with human history.

14. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Well, are you saying they lived and died during this time?

15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I'm saying there's very little in Scripture about this time, and the evidence with which we are presented tells us that they did.

16. gekko

gekko New Member

Hope of Glory...

what do you define as Behemoth?
    what do you define as Leviathan?

alligators and elephants? hahaha.

17. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just the sort of answer one would expect from a gecko.

Could you elaborate?

Rob

18. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

In Job 40:15, the word is plural and signifies "beasts". Most seem to think that it refers to some sort of pachyderm, but some think a hippo. The LXX uses the word for "beasts", and is generally understood to mean "elephant". (In the Hebrew, this is the same word as the one used in Psalm 73:22, but the LXX uses a different word.) Ivory is called "shenhabbim" (1Kings 10:22): that is, "shenhabehim", "behem" or "behemoth".

In Job 41:1, most people tend to think it's referring to a whale, but the LXX uses the Greek for "dragon" or "serpent", and since Hebrew contains no proper name for "crocodile", the writer makes a play on words, and Herodotus makes a reference to this.

19. gekko

gekko New Member

ok... Hope of Glory... how do you define a tail like a cedar tree? (for the behemoth)
    and that the leviathan breathed fire out of its mouth?

20. bmerr

bmerr New Member

To All,

bmerr here. I'm with gekko on this one. Dinosaurs and man walked the earth together. There's a riverbed in TX somewhere with human and dinosaur footprints crossing over each other, and even embedded in each other. Pretty neat.

There's a Baptist fellow named Kent Hovind, viewed by some as a nut, and he's certainly off in a few areas, but he does a good job with the creation/evolution debate. He's got what he calls "The Hovind Theory", and it's really not bad. It might be worth looking at.

Aside from that, the presence of "dragons" in the legends and folklore of the world seems to attest to their cohabitation of earth with man. Remember, evolution theory hasn't been around all that long. It's teachings are so ingrained in people's minds nowadays, that it even affects those who hold to the Bible as God's word, though the two cannot be reconciled.

In Christ,

bmerr