1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Diplomatic imunnity given to the pope

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by betterthanideserve, Aug 19, 2007.

1. betterthanideserve

betterthanideserve New Member

Are you aware that diplomactic immunity has been given to?the pope
    through a presidential executive order?

2. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So? He's the head of state of Vatican City, a sovereign state.

3. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

What is the documentation or source for this? And why would he need diplomatic immunity anyway? Is he planning to come to the US to do something questionable? I don't understand.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps this is what the OP is referring to:

Vatican's U.N. mission granted U.S. diplomatic immunity

WASHINGTON (CNS) – In an executive order March 7 President George W. Bush granted diplomatic immunity and privileges to the members of the Holy See's Permanent Observer Mission to the United Nations.

- www.catholic.org/national/national_story.php?id=23338

5. betterthanideserve

www.whitehouse.gov then go to executive orders

Just think things are begining to line up..........

6. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

For what??

7. betterthanideserve

The one world religion and goverment,along with the North american union,European union as well as the China,Russia and Iran forming an alliance in the east. Russia re-establishing long range bomber program ETC ,cold war reinvigorating,alot of prophecy being fullfilled.

8. Magnetic Poles

Those mushrooms you got hold of must not have been the right kind! :laugh: That's quite a little conspiracy you have goin' on in your head. And what does any of that have to do with the topic?

9. betterthanideserve

Always easier to ridicule isn't it? I started this thread to open an honest discussion on the reason behind president Bush's need to grant diplomatic immunity to the pope. Apparently you find a need to suggest that I take drugs,not nice...... I would never do that to you,do you understand that for every truth that is from from God, satan has a counterfeit? or a conspiracy?If the bible is true ,(and I know that it is ) then satan will do all he can to mislead ,confuse and condemn the world,(or to try to cause them to believe a lie ).

There are those in the world ,governments included that have been working for all time to control people. A study of history will show this...may I suggest a book? The two babylons ? by Hislop. Its very well documented and shows very convincingly that the Roman Catholic Church has roots in ancient Babylon.Maybe after a good read you may see why I asked this question to begin with....I don't ,mean to sound harsh,so if I do pllease forgive me...

10. Magnetic Poles

BTID, I am not ridiculing you, at least that is not my intent, so my apologies if that is how it came across. The mushroom comment was in jest, hence the laughing smiley.

That said, you have really bought into somebody's oddball geopolitical views, with all due respect. And the RCC is not from Babylon. That is historical fact regardless of what anti Catholic author says so. I don't buy into the RCC, but misrepresentation is not right.

I also disagree with having diplomatic relations with the Vatican, as it is truly, just the RCC. But if we do, their representatives should have immunity just like every other nation's emissaries. Which has absolutly nothing to do with some nutty conspiracy theories.

11. betterthanideserve

Nutty views?

Have you taken any action,are you inclined to study before you draw conclusions? please do. For if you do you will find (if you do so prayerfully ) that there is much truth in what I'm presenting to you . We are told to study to show ourselves approved,so are you certain that the roman catholic churches origins are not from babylonian paganism? Or are you just stating what you believe to be truth.

12. Magnetic Poles

Indeed I have studied it. FYI, I minored in History during my undergrad studies, as well as concentration on church history.

13. betterthanideserve

Great! are you open to other instruction? the book that I suggested is much too extensive to try to quote here (it is a pretty hard read) but well worth the effort.
    If taken seriously it will help you see the connections between catholisism and babylonianism,right down to the worship of church relics.Or are you ok with idol worship too?
    Praying to saints ETC.........:BangHead:

14. Magnetic Poles

BTID, Hislop has been totally discredited, and is not used by serious biblical scholars and apologists today. I have actually glanced through it before, although I don't find it worthy of actual study.

Evangelist Ralph Woodrow actually had a book out called "Babylon Mystery Religion", which I have read, influenced by Hislop's ideas. He has since withdrawn it after learning more, for reasons he gives here:

http://www.ralphwoodrow.org/books/pages/babylon-mystery.html

I suggest you give it a look. Hislop is not a reliable source.

15. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not know exactly what will be the outcome and the effect of the immunity, but guess it will make the more diplomatic influence of Vatican toward United Nations be easier and more available.

It is interesting that Vatican has been quite successful in the realm of the diplomacy since it has achieved the sovereignty from Italy in 1929, then they made the Concordat with the Nazis government in 1933
    http://www.nobeliefs.com/nazis.htm

right after they made the same with Mussolini in 1929 ( http://www.aloha.net/~mikesch/wound.htm)

Then for a long time, US didn't have the relationship with Vatican until 1984, though there were unofficial exchange of the correspondences between them.
    Then Vatican exstablished the relationship with Israel finally in 1994.

Vatican works very much for the diplomacy in this era.

What I heard is that Vatican did a lot behind the Oslo Agreement in around 2002, which includes the handover of Temple Mount in Jerusalem to Vatican from PLO in exchange for the Stateship of PLO as Vatican can work out thru EU member countries which are dominated by Catholics.
    Jerusalem will be a kind of International City. In that case the Vatican head quarter may be relocated to Jerusalem and the Pope will stand on the Temple Mount as Jesus prophesied and Paul did in 2 Thess 2: 4-

In the meantime, Vatican will work closely with UN member countries and US.
    People do not realize or feel what is going on, but the Satan works much more dilligently than the born again believers.

In the past, the ancestors of Baptists declared this:
    1689 London Baptist Confession

ch 26 article 4
    ._____ The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God; whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming

Wycliffe, Dante, JOhn Wesley, Spurgeon, Luther and many more believers, declared the Pope is the Anti Christ.

Then what is he doing now?

16. betterthanideserve

What I heard is that Vatican did a lot behind the Oslo Agreement in around 2002,In the meantime, Vatican will work closely with UN member countries and US.
    People do not realize or feel what is going on, but the Satan works much more dilligently than the born again believers.

In the past, the ancestors of Baptists declared this:
    1689 London Baptist Confession

ch 26 article 4
    ._____ The Lord Jesus Christ is the Head of the church, in whom, by the appointment of the Father, all power for the calling, institution, order or government of the church, is invested in a supreme and sovereign manner; neither can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof, but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God; whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming

Wycliffe, Dante, JOhn Wesley, Spurgeon, Luther and many more believers, declared the Pope is the Anti Christ.

Then what is he doing now?[/QUOTE]

Amen Bro. you said it much more clearly than I did,this is exactly why I started this thread. May God open the eyes of his children to see how close we are to his return!

17. betterthanideserve

Hislop dicredited?

Who exactly discredited him?What are their credentials?.

After a glance? your able to find it not worthy of actual study? Alot of effort went into your conclusion didn't it?

18. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Pope is approaching the core part in a great scale of diplomacy.

The core part is the Great Tribulation and RCC is gearing up for the final stage.

Sadly, many believers even including most of my church people are very much idle, saying that we will be raptured and say " Bi Bi" to the Tribulation caused by Roman Catholic. Almost nobody is warning against it, almost nobody is preparing for it.

All the religion will be united against the only True Religion, which is the True Christianity.

RCC, Greek Orthodox, Russian Orthodox, Church of England, Lutheran, Episcopal, Presbyterian are already in the discussion for the Union, and many of them participate in Ecumenical movement which is operated by RCC behind though RCC do not participate there.

Then RCC works with Islam thru Fatima and thru Dome of Rock(Temple Mount), and exchange congratualtions with Buddhists in Japan and in Korea as they are common in Idolatry.

Only the Fundamental Protestant Believers like Baptists and Brethren are the hard headed problem. However, even among the Baptists, there will be so many Apostates.

EVeryday, the power of RCC and Vatican is strengthened again and again, and they are very much diligent.

Sadly, the true Believers are like cows heading toward the slaughter house without knowing where they are going to.

However, we know that the True Believers will eventually win over the Beast as our Great General will win the victory. He has won the great battle at Calvary when He cried " It is Finished"
    The Death Penalty was sentenced to Satan there, only the execution is remaining, and we know the result already.

In the meantime, the true believers will be awake and follow the Lord, the Lamb of God.

#18 Eliyahu, Aug 23, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2007
  19. betterthanideserve

I agree with what you have said,personally I beleive in the pre-trib rapture of the church,but that is not to suggest that I don't think that the true church is not going to experience increased persecution and may even have to lay down their life!
    for the cause of Christ.

Gods word tells us of how Jesus was persecuted as well as his diciples.How or(why) is it that today's followers of Christ think themselves to be any different?
    The answer is we are not!
    If we really care about our families and freinds we will warn them,and have a word to say for Christ when the opportunity presents itself.I don't think we have a choice if we are blood bought!

I would say to lukewarm followers...... you had better get on fire and draw closer to the Lord than you ever have because you might really have to take a stand the not so distant future......:tear:

20. betterthanideserve

Just wondering where you went ?I thought that maybe you had started reading the Hislop book!
    I'm not trying to be mean,I'm just trying to incourage a little honest research on your part. Really, if you haven't read the book,how is it that you find yourself able to offer an opinion on it?

Please tell me which serious bible researcher have denied its validity,because I study the Bible seriously and find it very credible...