1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Direct attacks on the Word of God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by icthus, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Dear brother Icthus,

No one is denying that the Bible is inspired and free from doctrinal error. And no one is attacking the Bible. Some of us, however, might be said to be attacking the silly assumptions that you have posted. You have, however, posted one personal attack after another, and although the moderators and administrators of this board may be looking the other way, God is not, and you shall answer to Him for hurling malicious insults at His people, for in doing so, you are hurling malicious insults at Christ who is the head of that body. May God have mercy on your soul!

[​IMG]

2. Craigbythesea

Dear brother Icthus,

The things that you imagine that you see in the posts of others are irrelevant. So far, in these two threads on inerrancy, no one has as much as questioned the character or the perfection of God. And only one person in this thread has cast malicious insults at any of God’s people, and that one person has done so repeatedly. And that one person is none other than you!

[​IMG]

3. icthus

icthus New Member

Dear brother Icthus,

No one is denying that the Bible is inspired and free from doctrinal error. And no one is attacking the Bible. Some of us, however, might be said to be attacking the silly assumptions that you have posted. You have, however, posted one personal attack after another, and although the moderators and administrators of this board may be looking the other way, God is not, and you shall answer to Him for hurling malicious insults at His people, for in doing so, you are hurling malicious insults at Christ who is the head of that body. May God have mercy on your soul!

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Thanks for you concern. I am very sure that God will have mercy on my soul. :D

Just who are you trying to kid with your words? your assertion that, "No one is denying that the Bible is inspired and free from doctrinal error." is the sort of language the liberals use to say that they too believe that the Bible is the Word of God. Your language also very cleverly put, but does not convince me. By the phrase "the Bible is inspired and free from doctrinal error.", you give the "impression" that you too are "Orthodox" in what you believe. But your posts on this board show that you are trying to fool some. By saying that you believe that the Bible is "Inspired", does not show that you accept the Plenary Inspiration of Scripture, as the word "inspired" can also be used for "Limited Inspiration". Also, you say that you believe that the Bible is "free form doctrinal error". Good for you, as so it is. However, again you are playing silly games. You know full well that I am not limiting my argument to "doctrinal errors", but to the complete Inerrancy of the Holy Bible. As I have stated before, I go along with what Jesus believes and taught, that "every jot and tittle" are equally Inspired by the Holy Spirit in the original autographs. Anyway, to believe in "doctrinal error", is only a portion of the truth, as you could still say that the Bible has errors when speaking with history, science, etc. You will have to spell our clearly what you believe. You other posts, as I have said, betray that fact that you DO NOT accept a completely Trustworthy Bible, that is Infallable and Inerrant, in all that it says.

4. Craigbythesea

Dear brother Icthus,

The malicious insults that you are hurling against the people of God do not convince me of your particular position on Biblical inerrancy.

[​IMG]

5. icthus

icthus New Member

Craigbythesea, dianetavegia has kindly shows your own words with regards to what you believe on pege 4 of this thread. I notice that you have not answered her. Is this because you have been caught out?

6. Craigbythesea

Dear brother Icthus,

Diane asked a question that I had already answered in detail. If she really wants to know what I said in the full context of the debate, all she has to do is carefully read the entire thread and see for herself the relationship of my words to the words of the other posters and thus know what I said in context. Words taken out of context are very often at best unrepresentative of their true and actual meaning and intent, and at worst highly misrepresentative of their true and actual meaning and intent.

[​IMG]

7. icthus

icthus New Member

Dear brother Icthus,

Diane asked a question that I had already answered in detail. If she really wants to know what I said in the full context of the debate, all she has to do is carefully read the entire thread and see for herself the relationship of my words to the words of the other posters and thus know what I said in context. Words taken out of context are very often at best unrepresentative of their true and actual meaning and intent, and at worst highly misrepresentative of their true and actual meaning and intent.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]OK Craig, lets start again.

Do you believe that the original autographs of all the 66 books of the Holy Bible, are not only Inspired, but also Infallable and Inerrant (Plenary) on everything that it says? That "every jot and tittle" are so equally Inspired, and therefore Inerrant? That the Holy Bible is completely Trustworthy, not just in matters concerning "doctrine", but in all things? Do you hold any errors in the original autographs, if so, what are they?

Lets have some straight clear answers here, and no beating round the bush.

Regards
    Icthus

8. Craigbythesea

I believe in the inspiration of all 66 books of our Bible and I believe that the texts used today for the purpose of Bible translation accurately reflect the original, inspired words, and that the Holy Spirit blessed and anointed the translators of our best translations and that these translations are essentially without error.

I also believe that speculating about "every jot and tittle" belongs to the realm of philosophy rather than theology and results in destructive divisions in the body of Christ rather than a better appreciation of God and His Word.

[​IMG]

9. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

Icthus,

"No one is denying that the Bible is inspired and free from doctrinal error." is the sort of language the liberals use to say that they too believe that the Bible is the Word of God.

See what I mean? Challenge the extreme fundamentalist's literalist stance even slightly and the insults of "liberal" begin to fly.

The original post of this thread is ridiculous. We should ban posts that question the literalist stance? Yeah that's not being afraid of any change!

I think I can speak for Craig and others when I say that our devotion to the Bible is not any less than yours (in fact I'd say more probably). I want to know what it means. And we haven't ALREADY decided what passages mean BEFORE WE EVEN DO THE STUDYING like some do.

Literalist interpretation is fine in some cases but not in others. Anyone rejecting this will simply go around misunderstanding parts of the Bible, refusing to learn because of fear of changing from the "old ways".

[​IMG]

10. icthus

icthus New Member

I believe in the inspiration of all 66 books of our Bible and I believe that the texts used today for the purpose of Bible translation accurately reflect the original, inspired words, and that the Holy Spirit blessed and anointed the translators of our best translations and that these translations are essentially without error.

I also believe that speculating about "every jot and tittle" belongs to the realm of philosophy rather than theology and results in destructive divisions in the body of Christ rather than a better appreciation of God and His Word.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]Our translations are "without error"? You must be kidding?

11. icthus

icthus New Member

You know what they say, "if the cap fits"...

You are correct, anyone you rejects the complete Infallibility and Inerrancy of the entire 66 books of the original autographs, is basically a heretic. For, no one who is truly born-again can ever question the Trustworthiness of the Word of God.

12. Charles Meadows

For, no one who is truly born-again can ever question the Trustworthiness of the Word of God.

I believe questioning the salvation of other on this board is against the rules.

And you're putting words (again) into the mouths of those whom you do not like. I believe the Bible is 100% trustworthy. I believe the literalist interpretations of those who eschew academic learning are far less than 100% trustworthy.

13. Craigbythesea

Dear Brother Icthus,

Please grant us the courtesy of quoting our words correctly. Deliberately omitting words that are absolutely essential to the meaning and the interpretation of another man’s words in order to make it appear that the man is saying something that he is not saying is both unethical and dishonest.

[​IMG]

14. icthus

icthus New Member

I was NOT referring to you

15. mcgyver

mcgyver New Member

Posted by Craigbythesea

'Nuff said.......Craig, I take these words at face value and thank you for clearing the matter as to what you believe about the word of God.

However, and I say this in kindness; some of your posts (perhaps because of the way they were written) could easily be understood to mean the opposite of what you wrote above, and in fact I have been one of those who has mis-interpreted what you have written......

What would you propose as a solution to avoid mis-understandings in the future?

16. icthus

icthus New Member

Maybe Craig has seen the error of his ways, and now joined the Infallable, Inerrant (Plenary) side of the argument.

All are welcome

17. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Isn't it time to put this thread out of its misery?

18. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I can see the love here. [​IMG]

19. icthus

icthus New Member

Why is there so much hostility towards The Truth?

20. Charles Meadows

I was just thinking to ask you the same question.