1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Direct attacks on the Word of God

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by icthus, Apr 13, 2005.

1. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I believe that each and every member of this Baptist Board is a member of the family of God, and I extend to each one of them the benefit of any doubt that I may have about any of their strengths. However, other members of this board may have a different attitude that may result in an excessively critical interpretation on the posts of others. When other members, however, see me as their brother for whom Christ died, they treat me with respect.

There is, however, another factor here that needs to be taken into consideration. I have found that the less formal education another member has, the more likely they are to butt heads with me. So far I have had a bad experience with only one member who has earned advanced degrees, and other members have had the same bad experience with this member.

And, of course, there is yet a third factor of importance that many have noted—this is a message board and most of us have never met each other face to face. When I teach my students in a classroom, I spend a whole lot more time looking at their faces and body language than I do my notes. Their facial expressions and body language tell me volumes about their reactions to my words as speak, and if I see that their reactions are showing a lack of understanding, I immediately deal with it. On a message board, however, we do not have that luxury and misunderstandings may build one upon the other before either party is even aware that there is a misunderstanding. Therefore, on a message board, it is especially important to defer one to the other in love. When one individual begins to maliciously and viciously insult everyone who disagrees with him, and question their very salvation, it is expressly clear to me that that guilty individual needs to be removed from the board in all hast, but I have no authority to remove anyone. In my classroom, however, I have that authority and no student would dare to behave inappropriately.

[​IMG]

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Yup - nothing but a grudge match here.