1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Disappearing Dots

Discussion in 'Jokes & Humor (Clean)' started by Deacon, Jul 23, 2008.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm off to Ohio for a short church conference and thought I'd make one last post before heading off (gotta keep up those numbers :laugh: ).

This is probably the most facinating optical illusion I've ever seen!

The Disappearing Dots [LINK]

"If your eyes follow the movement of the rotating pink dot, you will only see one color, pink. If you stare at the black + in the center, the moving dot turns to green. Now, concentrate on the black + in the center of the picture. After a short period of time, all the pink dots will slowly disappear, and you will only see a green dot rotating if you're lucky! It's amazing how our brain works. There really is no green dot, and the pink ones really don't disappear. This should be proof enough, we don't always see what we think we see."

Rob

2. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

That is so weird! Thanks. :wavey:

3. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This plays on some illusions I have noticed for a long time. For example, if you stare at a ceramic-tiled floor or wall, the 'grids' seem to disappear until you blink. You need not stare at the black + ... just stare at anything and the pink dots 'disappear'-- unless it is one pink dot you are staring at, and then that single dot will remain. And pink [light red] is the complimentary color of [light] green. Try taking a small object, hold ita against a light background (like a white wall), stare it for a minute, then remove it. You will see a vague image of the object in its complimentary color [red-green; yellow-purple; blue-orange].