1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Discerning the Kingdom of Light vs the Kingdom of Darkness

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calypsis4, May 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

You think there were actual unicorns? Horses with a single horn growing out of their heads?
    [​IMG]

2. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Got you.:thumbsup:

"peanut gallery". Ha, ha, ha, ha. that's a good one. But they aren't fooling me. They keep coming back making snide little remarks but their curiosity won't let them stop looking.......and........they are privately wondering, "Could this guy be telling the truth?":eek:

It's a much smaller board there but there are some extremely knowledgeable creationists there who can handle any evolutionist on any level. It has been my favorite hunting grounds for years.

It is a pleasure to read your posts even when I disagree a little. Best wishes.

3. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Another incident is seen here:

Genesis 3:1

King James Version (KJV)

3 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

Revelation 12:9

King James Version (KJV)

9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

Revelation 20

King James Version (KJV)

1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.

2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,

John 8:44

King James Version (KJV)

44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

But the bottom line would be that Satan is a spirit, just like any other Angel, fallen or no. That they can become physical and interact with the world would seem a reasonable conclusion:

Hebrews 1:13-14

King James Version (KJV)

13 But to which of the angels said he at any time, Sit on my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool?

14 Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

Hebrews 13:2

King James Version (KJV)

2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

God bless.

4. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't know for sure what they looked like. But there is a reason why all the coat-of-arms of European nobility has for centuries depicted white horned horses along with other animals no one questions are real.

So what's with the gif? Is that supposed to tell me something?

5. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, it is going to happen we are going to disagree about some things. One might be that while the KJV is my favorite version and without doubt nothing but respect should be given the translators, I also consider the efforts of other translations to be worthy efforts.

For example, the NIV 1984 as well as the new version hold, I think, the best translation of this verse:

John 1:18

New International Version (NIV)

18 No one has ever seen God, but the one and only Son, who is himself God and[a] is in closest relationship with the Father, has made him known.

Footnotes:
    a.John 1:18 Some manuscripts but the only Son, who

Another reason I use the KJV is that there are many of the KJVonlyists that would disregard anything said if another version was used, whereas most accept the KJV, so it is a better choice when frequenting forums.

I am just about done here for this trip, and actually stayed longer than I intended, but I am going to check out Evolution Fairytales Forum for sure. I will be using a different name so I will see if you can recognize me when I get there, Lord willing.

I love debating Evolution, though the downside is often it involves extra-biblical issues, those can be fun, and educating as well.

And I think I have outstayed myself, at least for one day, so hope you and everyone here has a blessed Lord's Day tomorrow.

God bless.

6. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

You are the only person I have ever heard some of this from. The things you describe sound like something from either TV or from Stephen King. You are describing demonic acts that are extremely public and visual. Everything I've ever read in the scriptures about Satan reveal him to be a very subtle, very sly being. He acts often in secret, beguiling people. You've turned him into a Saturday night horror movie monster that deforms people on a lark.

I've known preachers, deacons, teachers, missionaries, and counselors all my life. Never have any of them made any of the claims that you are making. Are we fighting a different Satan than you claim to be?

7. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Many European coats of arms contain Griffins. Were they real?

The gif is meant to express the speechlessness I'm sometimes experiencing reading your comments.

8. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You gave me Isaiah 13:21 and a picture of a centaur and claimed it was a demon that had taken on bodily form. I contend that verse refers to goats. I have the backing of Bible language scholars that worked as translators on a half dozen translations. You provided Strong's concordance as your reference (which isn't held in high regard by scholars, BTW). I showed you a different source showing satyr meant hairy goat, or possibly a demon possessed goat.

See here:
    https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8163&t=KJV

You then said that Satan had transformed from a spirit to bodily form, "when he tempted Jesus." I asked for a verse and you have not provided one.

I asked you if you saw a demon in bodily form when you witnessed a woman being raped and you have not answered.

9. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My own Pastor relayed a story about a ten year old girl, about 100 lbs soaking wet, throwing a 200 lb man across a room.

MacArthur tells of an incident in which he was called in to exorcise a demon possessed woman and when he entered the room the woman began screaming, "No, not him! Get him out!"

He says his first instinct was "Fine, I'm not wanted here..." lol, but said he was glad, despite the woman kicking him in the shins, that the demon knew which side he was on.

There is a reason, I feel, that events like these are not widespread news: it would interfere in one of Satan's greatest ploys...to convince people he is not real.

Atheists demand a video, a picture, some tangible empirical evidence that demons are not simply euphemisms for medical maladies.

Do we? As students of Scripture?

I may not believe everything I hear, but that demons are real and that they do indeed oppress and posses is something I have doubts in whatsoever.

God bless.

10. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would you mind giving a list of those scholars?

God bless.

11. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Strongs Exhaustive Concordance has been a classic source of defintional information for 125 years, first published in 1890.

He is questioning its' validity because he doesn't like the fact that his arguments were shot down, not just by scripture but by that which reinforces the meaning and definitional intent of scripture. I am not at all surprised at this

12. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, I know, lol.

Think he has me on ignore anyway, which means I can say whatever I want and not have to worry about a response.

I told you, stick to your guns and they'll slink back into the bushes...

;)

God bless.

13. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My arguments have not been "shot down". You've not even addressed two of my points. You did not comment on my link showing satyr means goat or possibly demon possessed goat.

As far as Strong's concordance's integrity, several Greek scholars on BB have said it's not the best, in fact, several have said it's the last thing they'd consult.

14. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we have gone from "Scholars" to "several Greek Scholars," eh?

List please.

God bless.

15. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

Likewise, I agree that demons are real. Scripture proves as much. But our friend Calypsis seems to be getting to see things on a much higher level than anyone else. There's a big difference in a small girl throwing a larger person across a room and two people's faces escaping the laws of gravity and trying to merge together.

I don't hold to MacArthur. I'm sure he's a nice guy, but his stances don't sit well with me.

16. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    He didn't name them yet either.

17. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You haven't given me a verse where Satan changed from a spirit being to bodily form. You haven't answered my question about the demon that raped having a body.

If you want to know the knowledgeable men on BB that have disdain for Strong's, just do a search.

18. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wouldn't know about that, all I can say is it is not my place to question what someone testifies of. I don't believe everything I hear, but, neither do I dismiss everything either.

And I do not see that there is much of a difference between the laws of gravity and physical capability being defied in a girl having strength beyond normal means and faces contorting, lol. Merging together? Dunno. I do know that physical issues take place in demon possession.

While I am not in agreement with John on everything (and some of those are huge, you might say), I do count him as one of the best teachers available today.

The man does his homework, something that cannot be said for many, if not most preachers these days.

You might check out some messages on GTY.ORG.

Is there a particular "stance" you disagree with? That causes you not to "hold to" him?

God bless.

19. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a pack of nonsense. Apparently you are so afraid of what I have described that you have to trivialize it to make yourself feel more comfortable about such things.

It will be embarrassing before the Judgment Seat of Christ when you learn to your dismay that all that I said was and is the truth.

So if you don't like it you have the option of not reading me. So why are you still here on this thread?

20. Darrell C

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd be very curious as to what Scholars take this position.

Bart Ehrman, maybe?

God bless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.