1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discernment with buying books

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, May 19, 2015.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I realized lately that over the years I had bought too many books and had spent too little time reading the good book. So in recent days I decided to SAVE MONEY and not buy anymore books.

Any of you also have or had the book obsession that I once had? The problem was that I got hundreds of books that I never read so why continue to buy books? Granted some books such as The Way of the Master, and The Gospel According to Jesus are invaluable, but most books are not and can be a waste of time.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not mean this to be insulting, but have you talked to your doctor about this?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It is only saving money if you are not spending that money on something else and are putting it towards your debt and emergency fund.

I would look through your books and see which ones you really don't need and try to sell them. You can make some extra money this way.