1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Discord

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by psalms109:31, Aug 19, 2007.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I respect many if not most of the Calvinist's views on this board, such as the post that Tom Butler made, and those that would agree with it. I also agree with the OP. It seems to me that there are some Calvinists that take their brand of Calvinism too far. I know of one here that does not think that the Great Commission is necessary. There are some Calvinistic full preterists that deny the literal coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. That is a fundamental doctrine as far as I am concerned. In taking that position they also believe that Christ has already come (70 A.D.) but it was spiritual. That goes entirely against all Biblical and orthodox teaching--that which the Church has been teaching for centuries; even for millenia (all two of them). I can fellowship with the average Calvinist with no problem even though I disagree with Calvinism, but to deny the literal return of our Lord Jesus Christ? That's another matter.

2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Jesus came physically and literally the first time, He'll be doing the same the second time.

:thumbsup:

3. humblethinker

humblethinker Active Member

words changing their meaning is what I struggle with when reasoning with a Calvinist... I'd much rather words loose their meaning, having no meaning at all, than their meaning changing to something else. I'm just expressing here. I'm not trying to make a case. Maybe another day in a dedicated thread.

4. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

Well, as being the resident Armraldist on BB....

would have to say that the Cals and myself do NOT spread discord among the bethren as long as we all agree to keep discussion on Bible, not personal agendas..

And do also think that there IS an incentive to preach and teach Jesus Especially if a Cal/Amal as we both affirm God election is at work among people, Gospel/Bible chosen instrument to allow them to receive Jesus and confirm their election!

5. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

Confirmation

The only confirmation is that we hear the Gospel and trust in Jesus.

I praise God the Gospel isn't that some just can't come but to come and Jesus will not lose anyone He has been given. We can't be like the pharisees and believe we are self righteous and we can be saved without Jesus. Can we elect ourself and say God elected me? We know who we believed and He assures of our salvation.

6. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

God knows those who are His own, are the elected by God, as he moves on us and enables us to receive jesus when we hear the Gospel message...

Those of us saved by His grace really humbled, as we did NOTHING to attain the salvation, it was and is fully of the Lord!

7. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

We are saved by grace because we did not have to pay the penalty for our sin that does not take away our responsibility to trust.

By our own words we are condemned "I do not believe" By our own words we are acquitted"I believe"

Men our condemned simply because they have not believed in the one He sent and God has made us His messenger.

#67 psalms109:31, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2011